Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

post/opinion no longer available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Re: 1997 Score Stand and Deliver GOLD

It's odd they removed it...Before the site redesign it used to say that 225 sets were produced and it shows on the checklist I got from them back in 2006. :?

Looks like they deleted it.

Edit...it's still there...the part about the gold set...not sure about the glass though.

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1997/sc ... d-deliver/

Beckett said:
Randomly inserted in series two packs at a rate of 1:71 (retail) and 1:47 (hobby reserve), this 24-card set features color player photos printed on silver foil card stock. The set is broken into six separate 4-card groupings. Groups contain players from the following teams: 1-4 (Braves), 5-8 (Mariners), 9-12 (Yankees), 13-16 (Dodgers), 17-20 (Indians) and 21-24 (Wild Card). The four players featured within the Wild Card group are from "lesser" teams not given a shot at winning the World Series. Each of these cards, unlike cards 1-20, has a "Wild Card" logo stamped on front. Collectors were then supposed to gather up the particular group that won the 1997 World Series, in this case - the Florida Marlins. Since none of the featured teams won, the 4-card Wild Card group was designated as the winner. The winning cards could then be mailed into Pinnacle for a special gold upgrade version of the set, framed in glass.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008

Here are the scans for ya

1997ScoreSTandandDeliver1.jpg

1997scorestandanddelivergold.jpg

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008

And if someone has a Rivera Gold they want to sell please PM me as well. :D

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

if anyone has a extra Griffey ;) ...........................

JIMG28

Feb 24, 2012

I had one of these framed sets along time ago wish I had kept it. The cards were different than the scans I see. The letters in Stand and Deliver were red not silver.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey

JIMG28 said:
I had one of these framed sets along time ago wish I had kept it. The cards were different than the scans I see. The letters in Stand and Deliver were red not silver.

Red letters? I've never seen those before. Anyone have any info. on that variation?

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008

Be8el0ve said:
JIMG28 said:

Red letters? I've never seen those before. Anyone have any info. on that variation?

I have never seen one with Red letters. Maybe he is misremembering?

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va

Be8el0ve said:
JIMG28 said:
I found an old scan of a Ripken I had with red letters

WoW~! :eek: What a beauty! Are cards 21-24 the only ones that are red and stamped wild card?

Nope, see my scans on the 1st page. I have the Ripken & the Thomas (both wild cards), & neither are red. I'm not sure what to make of this?
Even in the SCD book it says "allowing the 1st 225 collectors that mailed in the 4 wild cards to receive a gold upgrade version off the set framed in glass. The gold cards have a gold foil background & have red foil highlights".
I don't really know what all of the other "golds" we have are then? This is the 1st time I've ever seen one w/ the red foil.

Members online

Latest posts