Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Astros Change...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
I felt that Jim Crane was serious about winning as soon as we went out and snagged Jack Cust and Brandon Snyder, but now I'm sure of it.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
vwnut13 said:
The Astros will change their uniforms/logos/colors for 2013.

They need to.

I do agree with this too, but I think for a team that has been around for 50 years, the name needs to stay the same. Or go back to the colt .45's lol

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
I'm having a tough enough time knowing the Astros are going to the American League.
Change the uniforms? NO!
Change the team name? HELL NO!
I think I'm going to be sick.
David

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
I'm all for going back to the Colt .45's. The team, especially after they move to the A.L., is far removed from the Astrodome days. With the level of political correctness in the world today, that name may not be acceptable anymore, unfortunately. ::facepalm::

I'm going to have to find a new N.L. team to follow when they come to the A.L. . I've been a fan of the Astros since the Biggio/Bagwell days.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
ThoseBackPages said:
Doesnt matter. they will still suck. they will not be able to hide from Pujols

Sounds like a Mets fan still has his feelings hurt from the last decade of baseball on the wrong side of New York ;)

This is only my opinion, but if Crane comes in and changes EVERYTHING, I will probably move on to a different team to follow and support. I could ONLY continue to support them (if a change comes) if they go back to the Colt .45's.

I could always just openly support the Rangers and admit to hopping on the bandwagon back in 1996 :D

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
So many people forget the Astros went to the World Series only six years ago.
That's better than 75% of the rest of the league.
Sure the Astros have sucked recently, but changing their name won't make them better.
The Brewers didn't change their name when they went to the National League.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Can't they leave well enough alone? I think a name change would be ridiculous. As far as jerseys go, it's not like they haven't had a zillion different jerseys in their history, so it's no surprise to me if they change that. But don't change the name, cuz if they do then I have to change my name...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Is Jim Crane a carpetbagger? Is he even American?

HELL NO to change the team's name - it's a perfect tribute to America's space program.

I don't care if he changes colors or logos, just don't mess with the name!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
rsmath said:
Is Jim Crane a carpetbagger? Is he even American?

HELL NO to change the team's name - it's a perfect tribute to America's space program.

I don't care if he changes colors or logos, just don't mess with the name!

I always thought they were named the Astros because of the whole space program association Houston has. The Astrodome was named after the team, not the other way around, wasn't it?

I don't think they should switch back to the Colt .45's. Professional team names that could be considered to be promoting violence and guns are generally not politically correct anymore (thus the NBA Bullets becoming the Wizards).

If teams want to create an identity they can't go changing their name and colours. Team like the Yankees, Cardinals, Tigers, etc have immediately recognizable logos and uniforms that haven't really changed in their history. Being a Blue Jays fan, I absolutely hate how they've changed their logo 4 times since the mid-1990's. If anything a little update or tweeking of the logo could work, but not a complete overhaul. I would have been happy if the Jays went from their original logo directly to the current new one, which still resembles the original enough to maintain the team's identity.

Just my $0.02 (Cdn).

- Rod

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Keep the name, change the logo and perhaps color scheme. I'd like them to either go 60's retro, which was the heyday of the space program, or go very futuristic. The former will be easier to pull off successfully.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
olerud363 said:
rsmath said:

I always thought they were named the Astros because of the whole space program association Houston has.

they are. Johnson Space Center is in the Houston area. Most ASTROnautS live professionally in the Houston area and train, do engineering work, or support current human missions at JSC,

America's space program will retain its greatness within the next decade, I predict, so it would be stupid to say the US space program is **** and change the name of Astros to something else.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The owner says he'll let fans and marketing people decide if the name should be changed.
So a bunch of overpaid suits, many of whom have no baseball knowledge or concept of baseball history, whose job is basically to change things, will use their charts and graphs to pick a new name. ::facepalm::

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
They should change their name to the Houston Screwed

A shout-out to the DJ Screw underground scene that put Houston on the rap map in the late 90's, plus "Screwed" describes their success

A_Pharis

JoshHamilton said:
They should change their name to the Houston Screwed

A shout-out to the DJ Screw underground scene that put Houston on the rap map in the late 90's, plus "Screwed" describes their success

I like how you threw out the obscure reference before going for the obvious kill shot.