Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
30.jpg

20001-1.jpg

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013

Thanks for the visual [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION]

Definitely golds, not numbered.

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I picked up the Belle even though it doesn't have the serial number. It's definitely not like the others I own and think it's the Gold. Like some '90s and '00 cards, can't explain it but I think it's the Gold. I don't know. I'm cool with it.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I picked up the Belle even though it doesn't have the serial number. It's definitely not like the others I own and think it's the Gold. Like some '90s and '00 cards, can't explain it but I think it's the Gold. I don't know. I'm cool with it.

So the gold unnumberd is a 1/1?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So the gold unnumberd is a 1/1?

You have another explanation? Card looks legit and is different than the others I own for Belle. It doesn't have the serial # but that wouldn't be the first twist to '90s or '00s cards. I mean I never get surprised anymore with weird twists like this. Odds are good it's the 1/1. Whether non-serial numbered or replacement. Either way, it's definitely Gold and those are the 1/1s.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
You have another explanation? Card looks legit and is different than the others I own for Belle. It doesn't have the serial # but that wouldn't be the first twist to '90s or '00s cards. I mean I never get surprised anymore with weird twists like this. Odds are good it's the 1/1. Whether non-serial numbered or replacement. Either way, it's definitely Gold and those are the 1/1s.

Ok just wanted a explanation

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Ok just wanted a explanation

Just to be clear, not picking on you. It's an odd deal but who knows. Has anything other than the Griffey surfaced as visual proof they're serial numbered? For $49, good gamble for me. Every other '90s 1/1 I have or have seen is like a $300 at least price tag.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I believe they were bought and relisted almost immediately. I don't know what the original list price was, can you see that on COMC yet? I'd lean towards replacements being that many listed at once or by one seller but again I didn't see the original or how long they were listed

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Background: They were all listed by the infamous DallasCardboys initially and I purchased them immediately when they went up. Once I confirmed they were in fact golds (first question here) and not in err (though likely replacements), I re-priced them the next day. Pretty modestly, imo, for a 1/1 (or 1/2). I'm keeping a couple, the Belle and Williams have sold already - once I'm in the black I may just keep whatever is left...

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
http://www.comc.com/Cards,sr,i100,=2001+triple+crown

Not sure if this was already discussed (don't think so), but are the first 65 or so listed here the Purple Retail version? Looks to be in all the pictures, but I could be color blind? Also, all are numbered under 100, so that would fit with only the first 100 having Purples.

I know these are kind of tough to find, so surprised to see nearly the whole set on there.

ETA: And now I see its DallasCardboy's listing them.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
img150.jpg

These are the cards I mentioned last week; just dug them up for a scan. The fronts look like the Commemorative /100 parallel, except the name and UD logo are in flat foil (like the base cards). Backs are same as base card as well, no numbering. Don't know exactly what they are but I don't recall seeing others like them.