Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
looking to put together a nice little IMPALER PC. here's the results so far...

SCAN0013_zps2171cda3.jpgSCAN0010_zpsd9629f55.jpgva_zps0628af99.jpg

few more coming soon... if anyone has some high end VLADS they are open to moving, lmk!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Finally finished my Brewers team set with today's mail
6o6vo33s.jpeg

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Its a nobody, but for a Tigers collector or 90s type collector here's a cheap, poorly listed Golden Anniversary Refractor

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161574867160

Thanks for the heads up- I snapped that up! Never would have seen it with that title. Not part of my master set but I like to pick up GA refs whenever I can. And finding Golden's I need is such a rare thing nowadays too...I am at 87% complete and finding one I need is a rare event.

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
SCAN0025_zps5fdcd58c.jpgvbs_zpsd907ad6b.jpgSCAN0017_zps53314894.jpg

3 more VLADS... listed the certified gold because i read that there were more than 30 produced and there are backdoored extras. does anyone know what the estimated quantity is on the 98 certified platinum golds are? i know the 97 certified mirror golds are way over what the claimed the print run was.

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
thanks for the response rusty. i assumed it might be less likely since those are numbered unlike the 97 mirror golds.

The 98 Certified Platinum Golds may actually have a print run of 30. I have about ten Rusty Greers and none have a duplicate serial number.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
thanks for the response rusty. i assumed it might be less likely since those are numbered unlike the 97 mirror golds.

The 97 Mirror Golds do not have a specific print run. People just assumed they where the same as 96, but no print runs where ever released

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I love this Thread I know I joined long ago but never visited and now I wish I had. Nelson already knows I am jealous of his collection as I want the Mirror Gold really bad of Jeter to finish up the 1992 to 1996 collection of Jeter. Here is one I traded for so you can say it cost me $10.00 to ship the other card out. From what I have heard it's a 1/1 Executive Proof.

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 50

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I love this Thread I know I joined long ago but never visited and now I wish I had. Nelson already knows I am jealous of his collection as I want the Mirror Gold really bad of Jeter to finish up the 1992 to 1996 collection of Jeter. Here is one I traded for so you can say it cost me $10.00 to ship the other card out. From what I have heard it's a 1/1 Executive Proof.

Nice!
They really pop in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Question for the thread, regarding the 1996 Zenith Diamond Club insert and its Diamond parallel:

What is the difference between the regular (no diamond) and the parallel (diamond)? By looking at pictures online, I've noticed that the parallel version does not have a refractor finish, nor does it have the radiating lines from the player photo while the regular has both. See picture:
001.JPG
I've also seen versions of Bagwell, Piazza, and Ripken all with the same non-refractor finish and no radiating lines.

However, I've also seen versions where there is a "diamond" (whether real or not is another story) on a card with a refractor finish and radiating lines, which leads me to believe that these were originally regular versions that were tampered with after the fact and sold as the parallel version.

Let me know what you all think.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Question for the thread, regarding the 1996 Zenith Diamond Club insert and its Diamond parallel:

What is the difference between the regular (no diamond) and the parallel (diamond)? By looking at pictures online, I've noticed that the parallel version does not have a refractor finish, nor does it have the radiating lines from the player photo while the regular has both. See picture:
View attachment 46059
I've also seen versions of Bagwell, Piazza, and Ripken all with the same non-refractor finish and no radiating lines.

However, I've also seen versions where there is a "diamond" (whether real or not is another story) on a card with a refractor finish and radiating lines, which leads me to believe that these were originally regular versions that were tampered with after the fact and sold as the parallel version.

Let me know what you all think.

Strange that you posted this, as I was coming to this thread for the exact same set. The "real" Real Diamond set has a different card stock than the regular Diamond Club. The refractor finish is duller and there are not lines throughout the card. The Albert Belle above is an example of a REAL real diamond. Unfortunately, the Griffey that was just posted, is a fake.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEN-GRIFFEY...097?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c968c2d71

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Strange that you posted this, as I was coming to this thread for the exact same set. The "real" Real Diamond set has a different card stock than the regular Diamond Club. The refractor finish is duller and there are not lines throughout the card. The Albert Belle above is an example of a REAL real diamond. Unfortunately, the Griffey that was just posted, is a fake.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEN-GRIFFEY-JR-120-REAL-DIAMOND-REFRACTOR-MINT-1996-3-ZENITH-CLUB-PARALLEL-GOLD-/191504330097?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c968c2d71

I agree - I asked around and all said that the real parallel version has no radiating lines and no refractor-finish. Fortunately, the seller does as well - he contacted me to let me know that he also did some research and came to the same conclusion that the card he had was tampered with and thus a fake; the best part is that he ended the auction and is destroying the card and is not going to try and sell it as real. His integrity is much appreciated - gained respect for him as a seller.

I appreciate your insights as well.

Members online