Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I was looking at something on PSA and came across a 1992 DK Supers listing and it stated "no longer grading". Anyone know the reason? I did a quick Google search and didn't see anything given.

Ryan

Dec 4, 2008
Knowing PSA I am guessing it is revenue related. Wouldn't be surprised if those big slabs cost more in supplies and equipment. I currently have a nice slug of BGS Supers in hand. Really awesome cards.

I was looking at something on PSA and came across a 1992 DK Supers listing and it stated "no longer grading". Anyone know the reason? I did a quick Google search and didn't see anything given.

Ryan

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Added another one of these to make three CMs. This one's by far the nicest of the three. I like the bold black signature on this card. A fellow collector pointed out that a lot of the autos on the cards from this set are faded because shop owners had them on display under light back in '96 - before people knew what light does to ink over time.

1996-leaf-signature-extended-autographs-century-marks-29-bgs9.jpg

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
the numbering on the back isnt red either its clear hard to see. But i think most 99 ones have that numbering. I also have a red with the foil on the wrong side and the wrong name on the front.

It's also interesting that some of those front/back gold label misprints have football player names on the fronts of baseball player cards.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
the numbering on the back isnt red either its clear hard to see. But i think most 99 ones have that numbering. I also have a red with the foil on the wrong side and the wrong name on the front.

Oh right, yea, yours is from '99. The Label should still be red, however.

Speaking of errors from this set, I have this one:

1999-topps-gold-label-class-3-red-error-87.jpg

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
It's also interesting that some of those front/back gold label misprints have football player names on the fronts of baseball player cards.

Yea, the football name swap error only occurred for '98 Gold Label. Here are two that I have:

1998-topps-gold-label-class-2-overprint-46.jpg

1998-topps-gold-label-class-2-one-to-one-overprint-46.jpg

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Hey everyone,
Found my way here thanks to corockies. He mentioned that there was a great thread on here for 90's inserts and many years ago I remember reading through these 90's threads. They helped me with my first attempt at my Rodriguez collection. I'm recently working on it again. Here's a couple of my favorites so far.

I do have a question...how do you display your collection? I'm sure you'd have the chance to see Magicpapa's display case. I'd enjoy seeing a few others as well!

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Hey everyone,
Found my way here thanks to corockies. He mentioned that there was a great thread on here for 90's inserts and many years ago I remember reading through these 90's threads. They helped me with my first attempt at my Rodriguez collection. I'm recently working on it again. Here's a couple of my favorites so far.

I do have a question...how do you display your collection? I'm sure you'd have the chance to see Magicpapa's display case. I'd enjoy seeing a few others as well!

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Hey everyone,

Nice to have ya' here. Good luck with the collection. In terms of display, unfortunately not much is on display, so I'm going to work on a site this year to be able to view it. Too many kids n the wife in the house to have it out ;)

Ryan

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Hey everyone,

Welcome to the best '90s thread on the internet! Don't forget about the Super Sweet Early '00s thread, as well as the 1998 Tek thread.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts