Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tigers acquire Joakim Soria from the Rangers for prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Just saw it streaming on FoxSports1 ticker.

Jake Thompson / Corey Knebel said to be involved.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Five years ago this is a great trade for both teams. But Soria is a shell of what he once was, the Tigers give up two quality arms for damaged goods. Win for the Rangers.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Five years ago this is a great trade for both teams.
But Soria is a shell of what he once was, the Tigers give up two quality arms for damaged goods.
Huh? You're either exaggerating or thinking of last season.

This year, Soria has a 2.70 era with 17 saves and 42 Ks in 33 innings with only 4 walks.
He's having a great year. He stunk last season and was hurt for all of 2012.
He's a Comeback Player of the Year candidate.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Good move by both teams. Tigers improved their weakest area as Nathan wasn't getting the job done as closer. Texas isn't going anywhere for a while and 2 good pitching prospects can't hurt.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
As a Tigers fan, I like the trade for the here and now. As a Tigers collector, it hurts as I recently purchased a few nice Thompson cards. Such are the risks of buying prospects of your team.

padresfan9

Dec 8, 2013
Jake Thompson= 5th starter
Corey Knebel=bad closer

Lol they traded there best parts of their farm system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
You never know how pitching prospects are going to turn out. I love Nathan but I just don't see him holding onto the closers role. Chamberlain is doing a good job as the set up man. The trade gave Nathan extra motivation tonight as he struck out the side to lower his ERA to 5.73. Ironic, Soria was Nathan's set up man this time last year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts