Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's the Thome collector going ape on Ebay..... Time to List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but someone is going ape %$## over rare Thome Cards on the BAY. Paying RIDICULOUS amounts for his cards IMO. If you got any and don't care much for the cards, may be a time to list them. I know players collector can go a little overboard (Will Clark Fans) ;-), but holy crap....

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I have seen this happening lately and figured someone just was looking for a few of his cards, now I think a huge Thome came into a large sum of cash and is just buying the market. And I agree with your Griffeyfan comment. it just takes one

After doing that search you can see why griffeyfan has such high prices.

Eventually someone comes along pays them.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Same thing happened with Garvey recently, as two newer or newly back to buying garvey were fighting it out for every new card that listed, often resulting in crazy end prices. I just watch and wait mostly when that happens.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
How come I get the feeling the only person who can afford to do this is Thome himself? Would be pretty cool if it was him. Debating on putting up my '98 Leaf Diamond Axis Thome /50.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
That would be cool... I would put that diamond up. Put it for 599 OBO. May as well give yourself a chance. Unless it is a card you don't want to lose.

How come I get the feeling the only person who can afford to do this is Thome himself? Would be pretty cool if it was him. Debating on putting up my '98 Leaf Diamond Axis Thome /50.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA

not really because it looks like it was a BIN, so whoever was selling it didn't list it high enough. Then again , you never know..

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but someone is going ape %$## over rare Thome Cards on the BAY. Paying RIDICULOUS amounts for his cards IMO. If you got any and don't care much for the cards, may be a time to list them. I know players collector can go a little overboard (Will Clark Fans) ;-), but holy crap....

It's mainly n***2, he beats me out all the time::facepalm::. I don't know who it is but there's a guy on another board that has over 4000 different Thome cards, the largest collection I know of. Thome's rarer cards have really been tough to get the last 2-3 years. The 1999 Gold Tek/10 that is on ebay now is a good example. I got one for $10 a few years ago but this one will end up around $100. And n***2 hasn't even bid on it, yet.:D

Thome's cards might spike a little in about 4 weeks when the Indians unveil Thome's statue in Cleveland. Thome might use this event to announce his retirement, even though he still wants to play. Glad I started collecting Thome cards 12 years ago, when they were really cheap.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man, I remember when the Belle was up on eBay like 6 years ago or something... I was just getting back into the hobby and had NO idea what it would sell for. Damn if that card even shows it's face again on eBay :(

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
WTF????? either the guy who paid 800 is kicking himself in the ass or something is just not right with this.... Wish I had some rare Thome's to sell. One of his 1998 donruss preferred Great expectation die cuts sold for 45 ish recently. that is nutz in itself. That card could be had for 5 bucks with a little research......

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Could it be Thome himself? I mean WTF is going on with some of these auctions... just strange if you ask me. Probably some playing around going on here.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I also was thinking lottery winner or someone landed a huge inheritance where money is no problem, but still, why overpay by hundreds?? I am curious how long this lasts...

Members online

Latest posts