Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay made all BINs duration Good Til Canceled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Just a heads up for those who sell on here. I take advantage mainly of the 50 free listings plus any promotions. As of March 18, all BINs are no good til canceled - so they automatically relist every 30 days and you are charged an insertion fee if you do not have a promotion running at that time. Something to keep an eye on.

Personally, I am clearing out $2-10 cards that I no longer want and rarely see at auction. The BIN/BO has been great, but you can get stuck with a nice bill for listing fees if you do not pay attention. Hopefully there will be enough complaints to change it. May have to look at COMC if that is a better way to clear out cheap autographs.

WaxPax

Just a heads up for those who sell on here. I take advantage mainly of the 50 free listings plus any promotions. As of March 18, all BINs are no good til canceled - so they automatically relist every 30 days and you are charged an insertion fee if you do not have a promotion running at that time. Something to keep an eye on.

Personally, I am clearing out $2-10 cards that I no longer want and rarely see at auction. The BIN/BO has been great, but you can get stuck with a nice bill for listing fees if you do not pay attention. Hopefully there will be enough complaints to change it. May have to look at COMC if that is a better way to clear out cheap autographs.

For lower priced cards, COMC is probably your best option...

Dec 4, 2008
Thanks for the heads up! A horse sh*t move. Glad I didn't bother to open an ebay store as I was thinking about doing. I just called in to lodge a complaint. I batch upload from Turbo Lister and on the TL end I did not receive any notification and had planned on these just being 30 day set durations. I don't think this practice is ethical or legal. I never complain about anything, really, but I will plan to call in a complaint for each of my 3 ebay accounts - this really is insane for those with hundreds or thousands of listings! An awful practice. Betting they are not meeting revenue numbers and are looking to squeeze sellers some more.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008

True. I need to look at fee structure. The 20% cash out keeps me away plus the long lede time to listing cards

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Thanks for the heads up! A horse sh*t move. Glad I didn't bother to open an ebay store as I was thinking about doing. I just called in to lodge a complaint. I batch upload from Turbo Lister and on the TL end I did not receive any notification and had planned on these just being 30 day set durations. I don't think this practice is ethical or legal. I never complain about anything, really, but I will plan to call in a complaint for each of my 3 ebay accounts - this really is insane for those with hundreds or thousands of listings! An awful practice. Betting they are not meeting revenue numbers and are looking to squeeze sellers some more.

They “announced” it end of February in an update I intially overlooked. Agreed it stinks though since they had said GTC listings get buried. Supposedly 80% of all BIN listings were GTC, but I have no interest in recurring payments. Plus seeing a card actually end has gotten me some sales right after I relist. I think it prompts buyers to act.

Thanks for the heads up!

I've got a ton to list the next two weeks too.

And great seeing you back on here!

I’m back in the hobby thanks to 2 Natties now. Just don’t post much. No one seems to talk football anymore on any site I have seen.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
eBay has a business model that is very difficult to replicate and gives you access to millions and millions of potential buyers...that is a service that is worth alot of money. They aren't just a necessary evil...they are the best way to sell your stuff in the entire world.

That service costs money and in the long run requires your business model to be aware of that expense.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
eBay has a business model that is very difficult to replicate and gives you access to millions and millions of potential buyers...that is a service that is worth alot of money. They aren't just a necessary evil...they are the best way to sell your stuff in the entire world.

That service costs money and in the long run requires your business model to be aware of that expense.
Trust me I'm well aware of all of this. When I joined February 26th of '99 I believe the fee structure was between 1 and 2%.
They quickly gained the entire market share per say but their fees were only slightly gradual and very much spread out. But in more recent years I've seen their fee structures increase more rapidly along with so many other changes that I feel have been anti-seller and more pro-buyer, but I'm not going to write a book here.
Do they reach millions of customers? Absolutely. Do I use them as my primary resource for selling? Absolutely. Will they continue to carry the lion's share of the worldwide market for years to come? Of course. And will I continue to use them as my primary selling source as such? Without question.
However that doesn't remove my stance of them being a necessary evil or being angry with a lot of the changes they've made over my time on the site.
No not even one little bit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

interesting. I thought COMC was having tons of issues and their new policies were awful. This is just from BO users, I only use it to buy, not sell so I’m not 100% certain of their gripes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's time for an alternative. Ebay could use some competition. It'll take time to grow, but once ebay bought out paypal, it made it very difficult as they are double dipping now.

I did see an ad for a new app that allows you to sell and ship. Different from offer up types.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
It's time for an alternative. Ebay could use some competition. It'll take time to grow, but once ebay bought out paypal, it made it very difficult as they are double dipping now.

I did see an ad for a new app that allows you to sell and ship. Different from offer up types.

eBay doesn't own PayPal anymore (Haven't since 2015 actually). That's why eBay is pushing their own payment system so heavily right now.

Last edited:

Members online