Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
You do realize that it's not possible for everyone to be positive, right?

True and good point. Then again, it is possible to control your claiming if you're down -5 or -4 or -3 lol... at some point, you should want to get things out to others before continuing to claim items.

Anyways, no reason to derail the thread... it's one of the great parts of the board IMO. No matter what, I think the moral of the story is people who are in the negative should be the ones pushing the energy and not the ones who are up multiple cards in the positive. Just thought two cents.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Probably wasn't the first message I needed to read this morning. Just rubbed me wrong. This is one of those days where I should just avoid people.

I hear ya. I saw the two posts last night, was in a XXXX-tastic mood, typed out a response, then deleted it as I thought Im not going to piss in thread again, as Gilmore got me all wound up before and that spun out of control for the better half of a day.
Just remember, we cant please everyone in here. People want certain things, therefore they wait for the REALLY nice stuff or specific things to come up to claim. The stuff this thread is meant to be about ($15+) sits around for days/weeks and people suggest that those of us in the negative need to get to the positive ASAP. Well, Ive more than tried with nice stuff. I cant help if people wont claim what I have up. I will get to the positive eventually (when I put up Harper or Trout I guess). ;-)

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Re: Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

True and good point. Then again, it is possible to control your claiming if you're down -5 or -4 or -3 lol... at some point, you should want to get things out to others before continuing to claim items.

Anyways, no reason to derail the thread... it's one of the great parts of the board IMO. No matter what, I think the moral of the story is people who are in the negative should be the ones pushing the energy and not the ones who are up multiple cards in the positive. Just thought two cents.

No argument here.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Vizquel patch. #'d /238 ( or something like that).

scan0018_zpsc6092f0d.jpg

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

I barely have enough energy to push myself, let alone a thread :)

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
So I think I'm -1...and shockingly, I have little control of who claims what. I've tried, even slashed the tires of a member because they haven't claimed certain things...but oh well.

In true ****-measuring douchery...I am listing my complete transactions here with just checked eBay approximates

To my knowledge, I've claimed...
- 2012 National Treasures Rickey Henderson Jersey (eBay approx. $5)
- 2012 National Treasures George Kelly Bat (eBay approx. $5)
- 2012 National Treasures Tris Speaker All Decade Bat (eBay approx. $25)
- 2012 National Treasures Sparky Anderson Jersey (eBay approx. $10)

I've sent...
- 2012 Leaf History Pete Rose Cut Autograph (eBay approx. $25)
- 2009 USA Baseball World Cup Autographed Baseball (eBay approx. $25)
- 2012 Leaf Sports Ralph Kiner Icons Cut Autograph #/7 (eBay approx. $25)

Still available...
- 1959 Topps Don Larsen / Casey Stengel Words of Wisdom PSA 7 (eBay approx. $20)
- 2012 Leaf History Ray Culp Cut Autograph (eBay approx. $15)
- 2013 Topps Turkey Red Josh Vitters SP Autograph #/20 (eBay approx. $20)
- 2012 Panini Golden Age Joe Garagiola Autograph (on card) (eBay approx. $15)
- Jorge Soler 2012 Leaf Valiant Rookie Stars Gold #/10 (eBay approx. $20)
- 2009 Bowman Chrome Chris Johnson Rookie Autograph (eBay approx. $15)
- 1983 Topps Mail Away Glossy All-Star Set 1-40 (eBay approx. $10)
- 1985 Topps Mail Away Glossy All-Star Set 1-40 (eBay approx. $10)

As far as where I am in the thread, the inane "if I was negative blah blah blah" etc...my goal is to get to 0. No more, no less. When one item of mine is claimed (and I'll add others should none of the above get claimed), everything is off the table and I'll check out of this thread. I'm tired.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Re: Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

New items up:

1367603757004.jpg
Ripken 2001 Donruss Class of 2001 bobblehead. It is numbeted to 2000; it also includes the card it came with. The card is numbered to 2000 also. Interesting part is the card and figures never matched serial numbers. The last one sold for $37 if you include shipping, but they did not mention if the card was included.

Next:

1367603963289.jpg

Luis Tiant auto 8x10 frim Tristar Hidden Treasures series 3. No info on sale value.

Next:

1367604047889.jpg

Griffey UD rookie. SV between 15-25. Who knows!

Alex Rios 2005 Playoff absolute ink auto bat #' ed 16/50.
[MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] Will you be able to remove the 3 items I have posted before: Pee Wee Reese NT bat /99 ( i sent it to my dad), the Griffey 2001 Donruss Best Gold and the Chris Young Gypsy Stam /10 from post 2178? Thanks for keeping the list; it have helped me a lot!

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
So I think I'm -1...and shockingly, I have little control of who claims what. I've tried, even slashed the tires of a member because they haven't claimed certain things...but oh well.

In true ****-measuring douchery...I am listing my complete transactions here with just checked eBay approximates

I've sent...

Still available...
- 1959 Topps Don Larsen / Casey Stengel Words of Wisdom PSA 7 (eBay approx. $20)

As far as where I am in the thread, the inane "if I was negative blah blah blah" etc...my goal is to get to 0. No more, no less. When one item of mine is claimed (and I'll add others should none of the above get claimed), everything is off the table and I'll check out of this thread. I'm tired.

Good assessment. I'm 1 and 1. I claimed my first card, I listed my first card and it was taken. If I ever take again, I'll be sure to list a card in its place and try to make it something that will get snagged up quickly. Otherwise, if I want to give stuff away, I'll give it directly to the person I think will enjoy it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
New items up:

View attachment 16653
Ripken 2001 Donruss Class of 2001 bobblehead. It is numbeted to 2000; it also includes the card it came with. The card is numbered to 2000 also. Interesting part is the card and figures never matched serial numbers. The last one sold for $37 if you include shipping, but they did not mention if the card was included.

Next:

View attachment 16654

Luis Tiant auto 8x10 frim Tristar Hidden Treasures series 3. No info on sale value.

Next:

View attachment 16655

Griffey UD rookie. SV between 15-25. Who knows!

Alex Rios 2005 Playoff absolute ink auto bat #' ed 16/50.
@Musial Collector can you remove the 3 items I have posted before: Pee Wee Reese NT bat /99 ( i sent it to my dad), the Griffey 2001 Donruss Best Gold and the . Thanks for keeping the list; it have helped me a lot!

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!
[MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] for the Jr. '89 RC...

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

I've sent...

Still available...

I think some members are getting the wrong idea here, people who are active and actually posting up nice items... such as yourself as your "**** chart shows";) even if you are in the negative isn't a big deal. You cant control what gets claimed or not. the issue is with the members who have claimed items and have offered up 0 items to replace what they claimed or have only posted up 1 round of items and never tried to replace their stale items. plenty of people that are in the negative are actively trying and adding new stuff and I see no issue at all with this. [MENTION=4259]CatdaddysCards[/MENTION] even used one of his claims for a card I claimed which I greatly appreciated and still do. So I don't want to see members leaving this great thread over a misunderstanding. I say we give the members with no items up for grabs and very old stale items one more shot to make it right & if they don't we start an 86'd list so we know who is banned from the thread.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think some members are getting the wrong idea here, people who are active and actually posting up nice items... such as yourself as your "**** chart shows";) even if you are in the negative isn't a big deal. You cant control what gets claimed or not. the issue is with the members who have claimed items and have offered up 0 items to replace what they claimed or have only posted up 1 round of items and never tried to replace their stale items. plenty of people that are in the negative are actively trying and adding new stuff and I see no issue at all with this. @CatdaddysCards even used one of his claims for a card I claimed which I greatly appreciated and still do. So I don't want to see members leaving this great thread over a misunderstanding. I say we give the members with no items up for grabs and very old stale items one more shot to make it right & if they don't we start an 86'd list so we know who is banned from the thread.

+1

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
- 1983 Tony Gwynn O-Pee-Chee SGC 88/8 (approx. eBay value $15)
- 1986 Donruss Rookies Barry Bonds BGS 9.5 (approx. eBay value $35)
- 1999 Upper Deck Ultimate Victory Rick Ankiel BGS 9.0 (approx. eBay value $20)
- 1963 Topps Bazooka All Time Greats Babe Ruth (approx. eBay value $25)
echelon-4.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think some members are getting the wrong idea here, people who are active and actually posting up nice items... such as yourself as your "**** chart shows";) even if you are in the negative isn't a big deal. You cant control what gets claimed or not. the issue is with the members who have claimed items and have offered up 0 items to replace what they claimed or have only posted up 1 round of items and never tried to replace their stale items. plenty of people that are in the negative are actively trying and adding new stuff and I see no issue at all with this. @CatdaddysCards even used one of his claims for a card I claimed which I greatly appreciated and still do. So I don't want to see members leaving this great thread over a misunderstanding. I say we give the members with no items up for grabs and very old stale items one more shot to make it right & if they don't we start an 86'd list so we know who is banned from the thread.

No misunderstanding in the slightest...I'm just tired of "the club."

Hopefully one of the 12 items I now have up gets claimed shortly and I'll move on. And if I had to guess, it will be the Bonds or Ruth.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
No misunderstanding in the slightest...I'm just tired of "the club."

Hopefully one of the 12 items I now have up gets claimed shortly and I'll move on. And if I had to guess, it will be the Bonds or Ruth.

I love each of those 4 cards you just posted a lot... don't want to put the last nail in the coffin for you though :(

Check that, I like a lot of all the sutff you have up right now lol

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Pete posted the Feller and Spahn in the free to a good hom thread low end, not this thread. I know because he sent me the Spahn, which is a great card and I am happy to have it.

Can you repost these? I'd like to see the Spahn.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Throwing this out there :)

Its an 8x10 photo, inscribed 107.9mph. Comes with coa from Reggie Jackson collectibles or whatever lol. The frame is ugly so if you don't want it I won't send it lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Andy - I had to go WAY back to find this but is this still available?

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
STOP CRYING!

If a few people made off with stuff and are gone, let it go. Move on. They won't be back. Don't make it seem like a blatent open ended attack on those of us in the thread who are here for the long term and WILL post items eventually.

Personally, I'm down 2 items. Do you really think you won't see me post two more items in the future? I promise you, I will. The issue for me is that I don't currently have anything in my possession that I think would be worth posting. Once I do, I will. That means I need to get to a show or shop or open some wax, none of which I have had the time to do recently.

That said, if I see stuff I want, I'm going to keep claiming! Yes, it's nice to stay at a 0 or positive mark, but we all understand that it's not always possible to do this. This also isn't a full time job for people, nor should it be... come in and enjoy. It might take a month or two to find something you really want and there won't be new items in here every single day. It's just the way it is!

Two good members are now moving away in CatDaddy and 200lb for no reason other than they are tired of listening to the same complaints over and over.

If you want me to create a blackball list, just let me know and I will and post it right in thread post #1 . After that, let's just move forward!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts