Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**** MORNING THREAD 1/2 2017 *******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all
attachment.php

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

Off to the gym and then grocery shopping for the month...UGH!

Fordman

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
We make a menu for the month. We buy in bulk on certain items and make sure we only buy what we use. We save a lot of money this way. The only thing we dont buy in bulk is milk & bread.

Fordman
Awesome! I wish we could be that organized/disciplined. I know you have a lot more going on than us so it's incredibly impressive

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I guess the resolutionists are waiting until tomorrow, gym was empty this morning, hope that lasts January and February are brutal in there.

Have a great day everyone

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Awesome! I wish we could be that organized/disciplined. I know you have a lot more going on than us so it's incredibly impressive

Grocery store operators know that 99% of our purchases are impulse buys. There is a reason they put the milk/bread/eggs in the back of the store. We make a menu, which can take an hour to do. Make the grocery list based upon the menu. Get coupons in order. Go to the local Meijer (regional chain) and shop. We also have Kroger but we do a little better at Meijer. We have at least 4 carts full of whatever. When we buy cases of water/paper towels/toilet paper and the likes, I go into the store and buy those first while my wife is filling up other parts of the list. When I go back in to the store, I usually take the frozen foods/dairy part of the list and full fill them. We always get the looks from people when we shop but who cares. Cashiers hate us but usually after they ring us up, the front manager gives the cashier a break. Our bill total is usually $700-$850 (with coupons and store discount app) per month and that includes any quick bread/milk trips during the month.

Out the door to the store....

Fordman

Members online