Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************ Morning Thread ***********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This weekend is tent camping with the Cub Scouts. Not happy that it looks like it's going to be a wet one.

I'm Tiger Den Leader this year. Here's my nine Tigers from our first Den Meeting.

1379918_10202283920198553_707979722_n.jpg

Speaking of scouts, I never knew about the 1933 Goudey Boy Scout set until recently. Definitely going to have to add at least one of these to my PC.

$(KGrHqJ,!qQFI1keYh0OBSPMUIsuSw~~60_57.JPG

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Lol. I live in southeast Alaska. 600 miles north of Seattle. In the dead of winter it gets light around 9:30am and dark again by 3 pm. Funny the difference 600 miles makes . And it gets worse the further north you go

Sent from my iPhone

I can attest to this. I was stationed in Fairbanks for approx. 7 1/2 years. In the middle of winter, the sun would spend 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day above the horizon with temps maxing out at an average of -10 to -20 degrees. The summers would somewhat make up for it with 21 to 22 hours a day of sunlight and temps in the high 70's and low 80's.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Started making plans with a Boston area friend. He is doing a baseball stadium bucket list. So next season he will be coming out this way and he and I will go to Oakland, San Fran, and down to LA, Anaheim, and San Diego! Doin the California Ballpark tour! Very hard to schedule it when not all teams are home at the same time. But we are making it work. Came up with three different plans. Now we just need to nail down the details. Lookin forward to it!

If we have time, we may swing by Burbank since we will be in the area.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well snow or shine I will not be heading home tomorrow. My car overheated driving halfway across town, and that's only about a mile. It's been acting up the last couple of weeks, but never like it has today. The whole reason I was going home was to have my grandpa, who used to have his own shop, take a look at the car and see if he could figure out what's going on. Now its either I go to a shop in town, or see if he would be able to come up sometime on one of his days off. I really don't want to pay too much to get it fixed.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Well snow or shine I will not be heading home tomorrow. My car overheated driving halfway across town, and that's only about a mile. It's been acting up the last couple of weeks, but never like it has today. The whole reason I was going home was to have my grandpa, who used to have his own shop, take a look at the car and see if he could figure out what's going on. Now its either I go to a shop in town, or see if he would be able to come up sometime on one of his days off. I really don't want to pay too much to get it fixed.

zach - A couple of things to check...

is your fan kicking on?
does the upper hose feel the same temp as the lower?
does the face of the radiator feel the same temperature across its entirety, or is it cold in spots, and hot elsewhere?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
zach - A couple of things to check...

is your fan kicking on?
does the upper hose feel the same temp as the lower?
does the face of the radiator feel the same temperature across its entirety, or is it cold in spots, and hot elsewhere?

See that's the problem. My dad and I haven't been able to figure out why the fans aren't kicking on. They don't run while the car is running, but once I shut the car off, one fan kicks on for a few minutes but the other one doesn't.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Ok guys need help. Thanks to the eBay bucks thread I forgot I had coming. Spent way to much lately but I have enough to cut the cost of one of these in half. Which one do I pick up
http://bit.ly/175uTnP

http://bit.ly/175uVvK

There's plenty more in my watch list but I keep passing over these two and regret it. Cast your vote!

Sent from my iPhone

I like the Sisler more, but the main reason being that the Greenberg is on a reprint card

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
1997 Honda Accord

4 CYL OR V6?

Sorry to hijack the thread guys.

Well, after looking up both motor options, I show just one fan and shroud for the car. And usually if the fan isnt kicking on when it is running, the fan switch has failed. My listings show a switch either in the block, or one in the thermostat housing. I am leaning to the housing, since there is a threaded port in it for such a switch. You can bypass this switch with just a 1 inch piece of wire, and insert it into the plug. The fan should kick on. If it doesnt, the there could be an issue with the fan relay, or the fan motor itself.

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
4 CYL OR V6?

Sorry to hijack the thread guys.

Well, after looking up both motor options, I show just one fan and shroud for the car. And usually if the fan isnt kicking on when it is running, the fan switch has failed. My listings show a switch either in the block, or one in the thermostat housing. I am leaning to the housing, since there is a threaded port in it for such a switch. You can bypass this switch with just a 1 inch piece of wire, and insert it into the plug. The fan should kick on. If it doesnt, the there could be an issue with the fan relay, or the fan motor itself.

See, I was leaning towards the switch as well. My grandpa mentioned something about it. The only problem is being in a dorm room I don't have any extra wire laying around. But I'll have to give this a shot. Thanks a bunch for the help! Today, and yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online