Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yordano Ventura Dies In Car Crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
First Marte, now him. :(

Cristian Moreno|ESPNVerified account ‏@CristianMorenoD
#Royals pitcher @YordanoVentura Dead at 25 after fatal car accident earlier today, confirmed by #Dominican police force. Terrible news. #MLB

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
:sigh:

Jesse Spector ��Verified account ‏@jessespector
Yordano Ventura pitched the best game of his career while paying tribute to Oscar Taveras, who died in a car accident. Now this. Brutal.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'd like to hope alcohol and/or drugs didn't play a part.....

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'd like to hope alcohol and/or drugs didn't play a part.....

.....but. :(

Cristian Moreno|ESPN ‏@CristianMorenoD
Same day, separate sole death accidents of #MLB players @YordanoVentura & Andy Marte, similar circumstance; both said to be under influence.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Robert Ford ‏@raford3
Andy Marte's last MLB game was 8/6/14 w/ Arizona, against KC. Royals starting pitcher that day? Yordano Ventura. Both gone too soon. RIP.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Wow that's disappointing. I really enjoyed watching him pitch in the Royals WS years. Life is fragile.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Let's not forget Oscar Taveras died the same way. The restrictions on alcohol and speed limits are different than us. The roads are in kilometers but it is 74 mph! Drinking? You bribe cops with alcohol and the legal age is 18.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I never feel less sad about young lives being lost to alcohol or drugs and driving. I know that many of my friends and I are only still alive by the grace of God because we were young and incredibly stupid in our twenties

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Let's not forget Oscar Taveras died the same way. The restrictions on alcohol and speed limits are different than us. The roads are in kilometers but it is 74 mph! Drinking? You bribe cops with alcohol and the legal age is 18.

Roads are probably crumbling and crappy, too, considering how many DR auto accident death news items you read what seems like frequently in the newspaper.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I never feel less sad about young lives being lost to alcohol or drugs and driving. I know that many of my friends and I are only still alive by the grace of God because we were young and incredibly stupid in our twenties

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

I'd have to agree with both statements.

And I have no idea how I survived my twenties....

Members online