Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This forum has been drama free for a few days, so here's some fresh material

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I got an unfair negative for one of my sales (not card related), and ebay didnt reverse it. I dont know why this guy thinks they will reverse yours...

There is no chance of them removing. This moron thinks he is smart and will trick the op into changing it. In reality if the op reported that message more than likely the seller will be suspended.

Leave that negative to warn others but more importantly to piss him off and make him waste his time on the phone with eBay who will laugh at him

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
There is no chance of them removing. This moron thinks he is smart and will trick the op into changing it. In reality if the op reported that message more than likely the seller will be suspended.

Leave that negative to warn others but more importantly to piss him off and make him waste his time on the phone with eBay who will laugh at him

Bingo. And I most definitely flagged that message. His newest one to me this morning is:

Dear gigaworks,

I have not received that refund back yet that you didn't want. I'm waiting! I heard you were trying to trash me on a sports card forum. You making a fool of yourself can't do anything but help me. Keep it up Loser. Thanks

- st99sl500-2012

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
If the seller had put the cards in sleeves in a team bag sandwiched between two top loaders, would you have been ok with that?

Honestly, if i sold 11 cards at fifty cents per, that's how I would have packaged it.

$6 is still pretty steep to put all of the cards in one envelope. If they had sleeves on them then I probably wouldn't have even remembered the extra shipping charge when they arrived with that day's load of bubble mailers.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Backstory: I bought 11 Heritage chromes and SPs on eBay for around $.50 each. The auctions had $.50 shipping too. I bought them with the idea that shipping would be combined. It wasn't. $6 to ship 11 cards with no sleeves in a bubble mailer. Postage was $2.50. So, I left 11 neutral feedbacks stating this.

2 days after I left fb, he refunds me out of the blue and tells (not asks, mind you) me to change the feedback. Here's his original message.

Dear gigaworks,

Thanks for the great feedback. I am going to issue a full refund of your 11 purchases including the shipping charge. You can keep the cards as well, just revise the feedback. Then we don't ever have to do business again. Thanks

- st99sl500-2012

I replied with this:

Dear st99sl500-2012,

Really though, what did you expect? No penny sleeves? That's basic stuff. I didn't want a refund; I wanted your potential customers to be forewarned.

- gigaworks

He replies with this:

Dear gigaworks,

Already issued refund. I don't think that I said any penny sleeves were included. So you are just an A**Hole. That is what I told E-Bay when I reported you That I thought you just bought my cheapest items in order to leave malicious feedback. If you don't change it, they will remove it I'm sure. Thanks for confirming what I told them the facts were when I reported you. My customers would not pay any attention to a punk like you buying 49 cent items & you don't have to worry about being a future customer because you are blocked Sh*t For Brains. I always discard any penny sleeves that are included in my purchases & use my own supplies. Of course, I'm not buying 49 cent cards. Penny sleeves are basic stuff, You are a total idiot. You can't afford a penny sleeve? I guess that would run your cost up to 50 cents. If you don't want the refund, then send the $11.00+ back to me. I was just trying to not give you any reason to be unhappy by refunding your total payment & letting you keep the cards for free. But if you are that big an A**HOLE, you can send the refund back to me, E-Bay will remove your childish feedback anyway & I will revise the feedback that I had left you in order to warn anyone being mislead & unfortunate enough to be considering dealing with your Stupid A**. I will put my reputation up against yours any day, Punk!!!

- st99sl500-2012

No offense, and I haven't read the rest of the thread at all, so I have no idea how others have responded.

But, did you REALLY think he was going to be able to send you 11 cards with delivery confirmation and postage for 50 cents? Really? You were already getting a STEAL with the 11 SPs for 50 cents a piece. 11 SPs for $5.50 plus shipping is a really good deal. 11 SPs for $11.50 (with the $6 shipping) is a VERY good deal! But you left him feedback because you wanted them for $6 shipped ($5.50 plus 50 cents?)?

I think it was unfair of you, and your expectations are unrealistic. I feel bad for the seller. You thought he was going to take a huge loss on the shipping, and that's unfair. I hardly send anything out now that doesn't cost me at least $3.00 to ship.

Last edited:

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
No offense, and I haven't read the rest of the thread at all, so I have no idea how others have responded.

But, did you REALLY think he was going to be able to send you 11 cards with delivery confirmation and postage for 50 cents? Really? You were already getting a STEAL with the 11 SPs for 50 cents a piece. 11 SPs for $5.50 plus shipping is a really good deal. 11 SPs for $11.50 (with the $6 shipping) is a VERY good deal! But you left him feedback because you wanted them for $6 shipped ($5.50 plus 50 cents?)?

I think it was unfair of you, and your expectations are unrealistic. I feel bad for the seller. You thought he was going to take a huge loss on the shipping, and that's unfair. I hardly send anything out now that doesn't cost me at least $3.00 to ship.

The OP is pissed that the cards did not come in top loaders or at least penny sleeves.

How is it $3.00 to ship?

Ebay shipping is $1.94 for up to 3OZ

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011

I would have happily paid $3! I also wasn't aware that the item price had anything to do with the shipping price. I got too good of a deal, so I should eat some shipping excess? Nah.

You are most certainly entitled to feel bad for the seller, because I'm not seeking sympathy. I shared a hilariously unprovoked, profanity-filled message with the forum; nothing more.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Maybe if you get lucky, he'll join the site so he can justify his actions. Wouldn't that make a nice Hall of Shame thread?

Bingo. And I most definitely flagged that message. His newest one to me this morning is:

Dear gigaworks,

I have not received that refund back yet that you didn't want. I'm waiting! I heard you were trying to trash me on a sports card forum. You making a fool of yourself can't do anything but help me. Keep it up Loser. Thanks

- st99sl500-2012

This thread also proves yet again that there are always people on both sides of any fence, even if one side are wrong! You ruled that your transaction was neutral and left appropriate feedback. Even if your expectations are unusually high, that is your right. The seller had a chance to try to work this out in a mature and civil manner, but he chose to call you names and get nasty, like an immature ass. The deal could have gone better for both sides, but this seller is doing more to help you than you are to help him, in my opinion. I would probably just block the guys ebay ID and email (if he is emailed you direct at this point) and move on. This is the same guy who while driving will try to get in front of you merging onto a highway/freeway when he has the yield sign and then will flip you off when you don't let him in front of you. The world is quickly filling with this type of person unfortunately.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Maybe if you get lucky, he'll join the site so he can justify his actions. Wouldn't that make a nice Hall of Shame thread?

I'm starting to feel like it got that way of its own volition. :-?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Drama-drama-drama.gif

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

I agree with this response wholeheartedly. I think the seller messed up with the messages but you got the cards and a refund. What else would you possibly want?
The OP is pissed that the cards did not come in top loaders or at least penny sleeves.

How is it $3.00 to ship?

Ebay shipping is $1.94 for up to 3OZ

eBay shipping is 1.94. Plus they tack on a fee to the final shipping price. Then you have bubble mailer, labels, top loaders, ect ect. 3 is about what I charge as well on the bay. Doesn't make sense to charge less if 3 is close to actual cost

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I agree with this response wholeheartedly. I think the seller messed up with the messages but you got the cards and a refund. What else would you possibly want?

eBay shipping is 1.94. Plus they tack on a fee to the final shipping price. Then you have bubble mailer, labels, top loaders, ect ect. 3 is about what I charge as well on the bay. Doesn't make sense to charge less if 3 is close to actual cost

Shipping is $1.94 yes you are correct.

What fee are you talking about?

I get bubble mailers for .07 each

I use white paper for my labels, not even a penny a sheet.

Top loader is a few pennies, I mostly recycle them, so free.

So I am at $2.05-$2.10 per shipment, not even close to your $3.00 you claim. I charge $2.00 - $2.25 per shipment no matter how many auctions you win. Shipping is not made to make money off of.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

I use white paper for my labels, not even a penny a sheet.

Top loader is a few pennies, I mostly recycle them, so free.

So I am at $2.05-$2.10 per shipment, not even close to your $3.00 you claim. I charge $2.00 - $2.25 per shipment no matter how many auctions you win. Shipping is not made to make money off of.

They charge a final value fee on every final shipping price as well as the sale price. I believe its 10%. So if you add the fee, the price of shipping, top loaders, ink, labels, EVERYTHING, its probably at around 2.50. I'm not going to charge 2.50 in case anything goes wrong and I need to eat money on shipping. Doesn't make sense to put it so close that you could lose money on anything extra cost.

Especially if your charging 2.00-2.25 no matter how many. If someone buys a bunch of stuff and you have to send a bubble mailer at 5 OZ or higher then you're already losing money. Doesn't make sense to me!

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I would have happily paid $3! I also wasn't aware that the item price had anything to do with the shipping price. I got too good of a deal, so I should eat some shipping excess? Nah.

You are most certainly entitled to feel bad for the seller, because I'm not seeking sympathy. I shared a hilariously unprovoked, profanity-filled message with the forum; nothing more.

Wait, let me just make sure I understood the original post correctly:

Backstory: I bought 11 Heritage chromes and SPs on eBay for around $.50 each. The auctions had $.50 shipping too. I bought them with the idea that shipping would be combined. It wasn't. $6 to ship 11 cards with no sleeves in a bubble mailer. Postage was $2.50. So, I left 11 neutral feedbacks stating this.
2 days after I left fb, he refunds me out of the blue and tells (not asks, mind you) me to change the feedback. Here's his original message.

So, you left him neutral feedback because you really thought he would send 11 cards shipped for 50 cents total? Am I reading that correctly?

Or you left him neutrals because he charged you $6.00 for shipping instead of what the mailing label said of $2.50? This, of course, does not take into account final value fees, supplies, labels, time, etc. Since these cards were auctioned at bare bones prices without any fat to make up for these inherent fees that any seller on Ebay deals with, it's really kind of unfair to hang that extra $3.50 over this guy's head with the neutral feedback, isn't it?

Either way, you bought 11 Heritage SPs for $5.50, which is an amazing steal. If he was doing true combined shipping, then his initial start price on the auctions may have been higher.

As a guy who has assembled all of the Heritage sets, honestly, you got a good deal. I've paid $11.00 for ONE SP in the past, let alone 11. I'm blown away you thought he would be able to ship all of those cards for 50 cents.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010

What you do and what other sellers do are independent of each other. I'm assuming you buy your supplies in bulk. Perhaps you sell in bulk. This guy might only sell on Ebay occassionally and not often enough to warrant buying 200 bubble mailers in bulk on Amazon. He might go to Walgreens and buy a bubbler fo $1.00. You cannot impose your rules on another seller.

$6.00 may be a bit excessive, but you also can't expect everyone to sell at $2.50-$3.00, and certainly offering cards at 50 cents a piece (for anyone who's been a veteran of Ebay for years) implies there is absolutely no fat leftover, and it has to be paid for somehow.

And the poor guy told the buyer to keep the 11 cards anyway, and he's still bitching? Just wow.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
You purchased and agreed/paid for cards, including a sellers discount on shipping (0.50 per card), cards arrived in a timely manor and without defect. Is this information all correct?

I am not arrogant enough to tell others what to do but assuming all info is correct here, I simply see no reason to leave anything but positive feedback.

Anyone sending any bare card between two pieces of cardboard is asking for problems in the long run. if the mailer takes a hit to that cardboard, it will crease and then the cards will likely crease. Not combining at 50 cents per card is not terrible, but to obviously put zero care into packaging the cards is something others should be aware of, especially when the guy got $6 for it. I also think it's funny that someone would scan cards in holders and then remove them to mail. I wouldn't necessarily expect the cards to remain in a holder shown, but then again you are buying what is shown in the picture usually. At the same time, scan your cards out of holders and you won't trick anyone into thinking that they'll come that way. Too many sellers are terribly lazy and if it isn't worth the effort on the low $ stuff, then DON'T LIST THAT STUFF!

What part of making paying customers happy and having them come back to spend more of their money with a seller is so damn hard to understand? Sellers should be trying to make the buying experience a pleasant one. This guy (seller) is obviously a dick and he deserves whatever he gets in the end.

Good customer service is very hard to find nowadays. Back when my grandpa was in the oil business, if a customer called and said he needed fuel by 3AM...It was there at 3AM. No excuses. He wanted to run a good business and provide good customer service. People dont give a damn about CS as long as they can make money and dont have to give much effort into doing it.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Wait, let me just make sure I understood the original post correctly:

So, you left him neutral feedback because you really thought he would send 11 cards shipped for 50 cents total? Am I reading that correctly?

Or you left him neutrals because he charged you $6.00 for shipping instead of what the mailing label said of $2.50? This, of course, does not take into account final value fees, supplies, labels, time, etc. Since these cards were auctioned at bare bones prices without any fat to make up for these inherent fees that any seller on Ebay deals with, it's really kind of unfair to hang that extra $3.50 over this guy's head with the neutral feedback, isn't it?

Either way, you bought 11 Heritage SPs for $5.50, which is an amazing steal. If he was doing true combined shipping, then his initial start price on the auctions may have been higher.

As a guy who has assembled all of the Heritage sets, honestly, you got a good deal. I've paid $11.00 for ONE SP in the past, let alone 11. I'm blown away you thought he would be able to ship all of those cards for 50 cents.

You most certainly did not understand my post. Please show where I wanted to pay only $.50 for shipping for 11 cards. In fact, you are glossing over the more egregious points and focusing solely on price. The most egregious point being:

Ship the cards in penny sleeves. Sandwich them between toploaders, cardboard, plywood, newspaper, I don't care. If I'm going to be paying a premium shipping rate, use the money on some supplies, not to increase your bottom line.

As I have stated, fair shipping price should have been ~$3 on this transaction.

You cannot combine the price I paid with the inflated shipping charge and justify it. Doesn't work like that.

It is most certainly not unfair to leave feedback that I felt is representative of the transaction.

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
You purchased and agreed/paid for cards, including a sellers discount on shipping (0.50 per card), cards arrived in a timely manor and without defect. Is this information all correct?

I am not arrogant enough to tell others what to do but assuming all info is correct here, I simply see no reason to leave anything but positive feedback.

What exactly did I get for my $.50 a card?

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
The seller was/is a complete jerk in his emails to you. That being said, he has cards at listed price, Shipping is posted clearly. If you wanted to work out a deal on combined shipping, I would have done this before you bought, thus giving you little room to feel slighted on the posted prices for items/shipping. His shipping methods are less than perfect, however they did arrive undamaged, correct? I wouldnt have left negative/neutral in this case, but thats just me. Possibly a comment in feedback or less stars, but thats about it. I will say, His professionalism is the worst part, but I guess I wouldnt expect much more.

I feel both parties here are partially responsible for outcome.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

They charge a final value fee on every final shipping price as well as the sale price. I believe its 10%. So if you add the fee, the price of shipping, top loaders, ink, labels, EVERYTHING, its probably at around 2.50. I'm not going to charge 2.50 in case anything goes wrong and I need to eat money on shipping. Doesn't make sense to put it so close that you could lose money on anything extra cost.

Especially if your charging 2.00-2.25 no matter how many. If someone buys a bunch of stuff and you have to send a bubble mailer at 5 OZ or higher then you're already losing money. Doesn't make sense to me!
Ok you did not like it when I showed you can ship for $1.94, so you start throwing out the fees line. According to Ebay you cannot add on fees to the shipping cost.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-practices.html#postage

Even for 5OZ it is only $2.09 I shipped a 5OZ package today so I do know. There were 26 cards in that package and I charged $2.25 for shipping.

Keep on trying to convince me you should charge $3.00 for shipping. I will be waiting.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts