Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps Heritage High #s Wood Grain Front/Glossy Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Anyone have any of these? Brentandbecca had some of them up for sale, including a Gomes for a $30 BIN which I hit after sitting on for a day. Doing so may turn out to be one of the best card purchases I've made: this thing is practically impossible to distinguish from a regular base card, even side by side. The difference is only made clear by feel, as the front feels more granular, and the back smoother, than a base card. Unless there's another way to tell these apart that eludes me, these things don't stand a hope in hell of ever coming back from the commons boxes they will inevitably be put in.

s-l1600.jpg

Steve K.

Sep 8, 2009
I pulled one in my case (Slade Heathcott). I noticed it pretty quickly, but I scrutinize the cards in the middle of each pack pretty closely, and I was on the lookout for these (and gum damage cards) as I was busting my boxes. Basically the front and back are reversed -- the front image (photo) is printed on the rougher side of the cardboard that normally has the stats, and the back image (stats) is printed on the smoother side that normally has the photo. On it's own it wouldn't be very noticeable, but in the middle of a pack of cards printed normally, the light hits the card's surface differently.

I think "wood grain front/glossy back" is a bit of a misnomer for these cards, but that seems to have been adopted by everyone referring to them, so those are the terms I'll use when I list this on eBay.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
I pulled one in my case (Slade Heathcott). I noticed it pretty quickly, but I scrutinize the cards in the middle of each pack pretty closely, and I was on the lookout for these (and gum damage cards) as I was busting my boxes. Basically the front and back are reversed -- the front image (photo) is printed on the rougher side of the cardboard that normally has the stats, and the back image (stats) is printed on the smoother side that normally has the photo. On it's own it wouldn't be very noticeable, but in the middle of a pack of cards printed normally, the light hits the card's surface differently.

I think "wood grain front/glossy back" is a bit of a misnomer for these cards, but that seems to have been adopted by everyone referring to them, so those are the terms I'll use when I list this on eBay.

Thanks for the info Steve, that's pretty interesting. Did Topps mention these beforehand, or how did you know to be on the lookout?

Also, you only got one of those in your case. How many gum backs and B&Ws did you get?

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Unless there's another way to tell these apart that eludes me, these things don't stand a hope in hell of ever coming back from the commons boxes they will inevitably be put in.

What about the code # on the back? Is it different from the base card?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
From The Cardboard Connection:

PARALLEL CARDS: Gum Damage (1:43), Blue Backs (1:375), Black & White, Glossy Back
*It is believed that the Blue Back and Glossy Back parallels all have similar rarity and a print run of ten or less. The B&W parallels appear to the be the rarest. However, this has not been confirmed by Topps.

Glad to have this one then:

s-l1600.jpg

A blue back also got listed with a $50 BIN, which was hit before I saw it.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I pulled one of these (Collin Cowgill) before I even knew what they were. They really stick out in a pack, at least I thought so, so I don't think there's much danger in these getting mixed up with the regular base cards. No Gum Backs, but I hit one of these, a Mini, a Red auto and a Gold GU out of a box and a half.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Just wanted to bump this to see if anymore info has come about in the last few months. Seems Beckett has gone with listing these as Glossy and Blue Back parallels with no stated print runs yet.

I've grabbed the Blue back of my player but still looking for the Glossy.

Thanks,
Jeff

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I've opened close to a case of high numbers and pulled neither a glossy back or black and white. Unless the seller is outrageously high I'd hop on one if i saw it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts