Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Grading Ordeal continues, what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
To let people know I'm not trying to duck out of the thread after i started it. One thing i will say is that i found out they opened a claim for the damage. They will not respond to my calls and/or emails so it seems obvious what their trying to do there.

What do you mean they "opened a claim"? And it must not be obvious because my small mind has no idea what you're getting at

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
What do you mean they "opened a claim"? And it must not be obvious because my small mind has no idea what you're getting at

They opened an insurance claim through fed ex to recover funds for the damage. Even though the package was insured, they paid for insurance on their account and have "no obligation" to give me any money they recover from Fed ex.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
They opened an insurance claim through fed ex to recover funds for the damage. Even though the package was insured, they paid for insurance on their account and have "no obligation" to give me any money they recover from Fed ex.

Did they express to you that they have "no obligation" to give you any money? Or are you assuming the worst? I thought from the beginning that they needed the card back from you so they could use it as proof for their claim to FedEx, win an insurance claim, and then reimburse you. Is that what they are trying to do?

It sounds like they need the card so that they can file an insurance claim? Am I reading that right?

Last edited:

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Did they express to you that they have "no obligation" to Igive you any money? Or are you assuming the worst? I thought from the beginning that they needed the card back from you so they could use it as proof for their claim to FedEx, win an insurance claim, and then reimburse you. Is that what they are trying to do?

Fedex expressed that Beckett had no obligation to pay me any money they might recovery, yes. Beckett will not return my phone calls or emails so...and yes, they told me they needed the card to file a claim but fedex said if the item was damaged when i got it and i sent it back out for shipping,i would have voided my insurance because i wouldn't have had proof of when the damage happened.

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Fedex expressed that Beckett had no obligation to pay me any money they might recovery, yes. Beckett will not return my phone calls or emails so...and yes, they told me they needed the card to file a claim but fedex said if the item was damaged when i got it and i sent it back out for shipping,i would have voided my insurance because i wouldn't have had proof of when the damage happened.

Ah I see. Kinda makes you wish you and Beckett had worked together since the start! I understand the apprehension you've had here and can truly appreciate your displeasure however. Crap happens in the mail but in hindsight you probably should have worked with them for resolution. Of course I respect your right not to because I think every one of us would have been PISSED. Hope that there's still a chance for you to recover something out of all this mess

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I explained the situation to fedex and was told i would have to contact Beckett because they opened a claim for a damaged package.

And they're asking you to return the card. FedEx likely won't pay without proof of damage, so they need the card. Which you won't provide. Therefore, you get nothing. Good day sir.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
And they're asking you to return the card. FedEx likely won't pay without proof of damage, so they need the card. Which you won't provide. Therefore, you get nothing. Good day sir.

Fedex needs the card, not Beckett. I brought the card to fedex for them to inspect. They told me under no circumstances should i have sent the card back to them.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
MallCop, if you're going to post things on here then please put the whole truth. You haven't gotten a response from BGS because the person you are working with, Jeromy Murray, has been on vacation since a couple of days after this started. There is no doubt you know this already because I can tell you for a fact that if you have emailed him then you've gotten an out of office response letting you know he won't be back until later in the week. He is the BGS Operations Manager and handles any requests for compensation so nobody else is going to have any info for you. Furthermore, you asked BGS for compensation but refused to allow them to inspect the item. They then filed a claim with FedEx on your behalf so you could work directly with FedEx since you don't want to send the card to BGS. Do yourself a favor and either post the full story here or don't post at all. You're embarrassing yourself.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
MallCop, if you're going to post things on here then please put the whole truth. You haven't gotten a response from BGS because the person you are working with, Jeromy Murray, has been on vacation since a couple of days after this started. There is no doubt you know this already because I can tell you for a fact that if you have emailed him then you've gotten an out of office response letting you know he won't be back until later in the week. He is the BGS Operations Manager and handles any requests for compensation so nobody else is going to have any info for you. Furthermore, you asked BGS for compensation but refused to allow them to inspect the item. They then filed a claim with FedEx on your behalf so you could work directly with FedEx since you don't want to send the card to BGS. Do yourself a favor and either post the full story here or don't post at all. You're embarrassing yourself.

I have stopped trying to "work with" Mr Murray since he told me he would no longer be returning my emails so clearly, if you do not know the situation, you should not be making assumptions and/or posting comments about it. Secondly, you are right, I did not send the card back to them to "inspect", because the insurance is through FedEx and THEY need to inspect the item, NOT Beckett. To say that they filed a claim on my behalf is laughable. For me to get anything from FedEx on behalf of the BEckett claim, Beckett would have to sign a waiver and they have refused to do that.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
I have stopped trying to "work with" Mr Murray since he told me he would no longer be returning my emails so clearly, if you do not know the situation, you should not be making assumptions and/or posting comments about it. Secondly, you are right, I did not send the card back to them to "inspect", because the insurance is through FedEx and THEY need to inspect the item, NOT Beckett. To say that they filed a claim on my behalf is laughable. For me to get anything from FedEx on behalf of the BEckett claim, Beckett would have to sign a waiver and they have refused to do that.

If you aren't working with Jeromy then who exactly are you working with? Also, BGS filed the claim with FedEx, not you. BGS informed FedEx that the item was yours, otherwise FedEx would have required the card to come from BGS, not you. Again, this is the exact definition of having a claim filed on your behalf.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
If you aren't working with Jeromy then who exactly are you working with? Also, BGS filed the claim with FedEx, not you. BGS informed FedEx that the item was yours, otherwise FedEx would have required the card to come from BGS, not you. Again, this is the exact definition of having a claim filed on your behalf.

So far I have been denied response from Mark Anderson at Beckett. FedEx has been in contact with them to attempt to have them sign and return a waiver for any money to be sent to me, but they will not do that. I would assume this is through the legal department at Beckett but do not know any specific names there. All I know right now is that if the claim is won, Beckett will get the money and not me.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
So far I have been denied response from Mark Anderson at Beckett. FedEx has been in contact with them to attempt to have them sign and return a waiver for any money to be sent to me, but they will not do that. I would assume this is through the legal department at Beckett but do not know any specific names there. All I know right now is that if the claim is won, Beckett will get the money and not me.

The reason you aren't hearing from Mark Anderson is because he doesn't handle claims. I'm not sure why you can't understand that. Jeromy tried to work with you, you refused, so he filed a claim with FedEx so you can be their headache. It is now blatantly obvious that you are simply trying to get something for free with what I have to assume is a card that is in the exact same shape as when you sent it to BGS in the first place since you refused to let them inspect it. Again, stop embarrassing yourself.

Members online

Latest posts