Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 per direct acct!! What does that mean to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
This whole thread is laughable!!!! I recently opened a shop. I got one case was was thrilled to get it.
Would I liked to have gotten more... YES.
Am I Shocked Blowout got more.... NO

I am having flashbacks of the Walking Dead season 2 fiasco with Distributors (price gougers) from earlier this year.

Frank,
Would you have ordered more knowing you could get more? That is my point. You knew this product was hot and you could move it correct? I think that is what people have a problem with.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
This is such an odd issue to get worked up over. I thought the concept that larger seller/suppliers get price and supply was resolved after Standard Oil's rebate deal with the railroads. Then the issue with the term "distributors" was an obvious reference to someone who does not sell to the end consumer. Maybe the use of the term "wholesalers" next time will be clearer.

I think anyone who is angry about this is just suffering from sour grapes.

I have yet to purchase a single Leaf product. To date everything Leaf has put out has been trash in my opinion. Leaf memories is popular due to work others have created that was simply purchased by the current company and the buybacks would have been popular regardless of who released them. These are valid opinions. Being mad about a sell sheet that was factual are not.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
76483765.jpg

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Naive-

adjective
having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous.
having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous: She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has a very naive attitude toward politics.
having or marked by a simple, unaffectedly direct style reflecting little or no formal training or technique: valuable naive 19th-century American portrait paintings.
not having previously been the subject of a scientific experiment, as an animal.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009

This is actually quite informative, and a warning to those considering shelling out $$$s for this product. Without the legitimacy of licensing, these are no different than cards stamped in someone's garage & put on Ebay. While I'm fairly sure the autos are authentic, the serial numbers can be done by anybody, copied by anybody, and sold by anybody.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
This is actually quite informative, and a warning to those considering shelling out $$$s for this product. Without the legitimacy of licensing, these are no different than cards stamped in someone's garage & put on Ebay. While I'm fairly sure the autos are authentic, the serial numbers can be done by anybody, copied by anybody, and sold by anybody.

and let's forget those generic holograms you can literally buy on nearly any hologram making site online for 20.00.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Or a McGwire rookie card......you on the line, Kenny?

The best Don West line
Folks, we can't give them away this cheap!

That would always be on around 1-2am and we would be out at the bars and it would be on the TV. I had the impersonation down pretty good. It was more of a Chris Farley down by the river, but they were really one in the same.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Considering each card is foil stamped and serial #. Pretty hard to fake and each card has a low individual serial # run. No one is faking them. Fakes would be way to easy to spot with individual serial #'s.

With all Bowman un numbered back doored cards floating around of big names. Some of even 1/1 versions. I still have never heard of any one serial # them. If it was so easy to do, it would be done with these. Same with all the Topps, Donruss and Upper Deck buy backs that fetch huge dollars.

Plus you have to have Leaf Memories 2012 foil branded into the cards, each serial # changed foil branded into cards. Isn't their basically only couple big plants that Topps, Leaf, Upper Deck, Panini ect.. all use to print cards? Sure machines to do this cost many thousands of dollars to own that are capable of doing this.

Last edited:

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
and let's forget those generic holograms you can literally buy on nearly any hologram making site online for 20.00.

The holograms are numbered and can be looked up online auto verify .. BG

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
No reason to fake the autos. Just add a few 1/1 or 3/5 foil stamps, add a stamp that says Leaf Memories, and boom, you've taken a $.25 card and made it a $300 card.

The technology was there to fake 1991 Topps Desert Storm cards 20 years ago. Certainly it's there to do this now.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
No reason to fake the autos. Just add a few 1/1 or 3/5 foil stamps, add a stamp that says Leaf Memories, and boom, you've taken a $.25 card and made it a $300 card.

The technology was there to fake 1991 Topps Desert Storm cards 20 years ago. Certainly it's there to do this now.

You realize how easy it is to spot a desert storm fake right?

Members online

Latest posts