Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is the fourth time I have bought this card...Still don't "have it"...**5th time Finally!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
This is the fourth time I have bought this card...Still don't "have it"...**5th time Finally!!

It's not even on my "official list", some kind of 1998 Topps Porcelein Hall Bound from R & N China Co.
Twice I have gotten refunds, twice not.
Once in a PWE,
twice in a 4x6 bubble mailer, hard sleeve, team bag.
This time in a 6x9 CD mailer, hard sleeve, wrapped in notebook paper...
brokes3_zps7c8ee2ee.jpg

brokes4_zps0d5746dd.jpg

Good news is that it is becoming more and more limited each time I buy one!! :D

I have heard of people taking many tries to land a card, care to share your story??

Last edited:

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Thats terrible, what are people thinking. Ive bought and sold a few of these porcelain cards and i have to say the best way to send them is in the old snap tight cases. The ones that are just about the same size as the card. Thats how theyve been shipped to me and how ive shipped them, never a problem.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Luckily ot's not a high end item, but yeah, kinda sucks! [MENTION=2814]TramFan3[/MENTION], I think I will mention that method the next time I buy one!!! I'll even offer extra shipping $$!!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I had the same problem with the Upper Deck Powerdeck CD's.. I traded for 2 of them and both arrived cracked in half due to shipping. bought one same result. Finally on the 4th attempt there was success all for a worthless base card.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Re: This is the fourth time I have bought this card...Still don't "have it"...

How hard is it to ship a card properly. After all these years I shouldn't still get shocked when I open a package but it still happens. It isn't rocket science.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I haven't had any that keep showing up wrecked, but I bought 2 or 3 1999 Pacific "Red" Trent Dilfer cards which showed up as the Copper/99 version. Picked up another "Red" last week on ebay that looked Copper from the scan but was not described as being numbered. Showed up the other day and the foil was as red as can be. Finally! :D

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
There have been a few bagwells I have purchased 3 or 4 times and every time I got the card, they were the wrong freaking card. Back when I first started, I purchased 3 Bagwell Topps Tiffany rookies and only ended up getting one of them. One was a scammer who immediately went NARU'D after scamming me and a few others. I never even got the card from him. Another one was a base topps. I had to explain to the seller it was not a tiffany version after he told me he pulled it from a pack. Luckily the 3rd showed up and was indeed the card I was after. Pretty crazy to buy 3 of em within a week and only get 1 out of the three.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
1991 Topps Traded has to be extra tough for that because there are two base versions - "gray" backs like the normal Topps cards (these came out of packs), and "white" backs like Topps Traded cards from previous years (from complete sets). If somebody had a gray back and a white back Bagwell it would be very likely they'd mistake the white back for a Tiffany.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
It's not even on my "official list", some kind of 1998 Topps Porcelein Hall Bound from R & N China Co.
Twice I have gotten refunds, twice not.
Once in a PWE,
twice in a 4x6 bubble mailer, hard sleeve, team bag.
This time in a 6x9 CD mailer, hard sleeve, wrapped in notebook paper...
brokes3_zps7c8ee2ee.jpg

brokes4_zps0d5746dd.jpg

Good news is that it is becoming more and more limited each time I buy one!! :DI have heard of people taking many tries to land a card, care to share your story??

Lol, geez how many made?