Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

STOLEN (just joking) - but really, anyone snag this Puckett???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Crazy steal...$119 BIN!!!

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Select...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

any of our resident Puckett collectors get lucky enough to pick it up?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Def a great buy , congrats to who ever landed it. I must say though , that picture they used on the card is horrible.

Ryan

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
for those asking what makes the card such a steal:

Card has a stated print run of 30...one of the most sought after 90s inserts, one of the first rainbow inserts (the set had mirror blue, red and gold parallels), and plus it's a Puckett to boot and he has some hardcore collectors.

The puckett listing didn't have a great photo, but the cards look really stunning in hand. here is the only one I own, hopefully it gives you a sense for how much these pop:

MartinezPedro_1996SelectCertifiedMirrorGold_merged.jpg

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
That listing lasted about 5 seconds. The seller broke up an amazing Puckett collection. I was able to add several very nice cards but I missed out on 4/5's of my wantlist in my signature including the mirror gold. I was happy with what I bought but I kicked myself for about week when I saw I missed this card. Oh well the hunt continues.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That listing lasted about 5 seconds. The seller broke up an amazing Puckett collection. I was able to add several very nice cards but I missed out on 4/5's of my wantlist in my signature including the mirror gold. I was happy with what I bought but I kicked myself for about week when I saw I missed this card. Oh well the hunt continues.

You obviously use a smart phone or iPhone? eBay app has saved me a 100 times in situations like this

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
You obviously use a smart phone or iPhone? eBay app has saved me a 100 times in situations like this

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Nope just happend to check ebay on my lunch break at work. It was too late though since I didn't get the mirror gold. :cry:

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
sorry man! i know that mirror gold has been on your want list and was hoping you might have snagged it.

something similar happened to me recently, I was out of town for a couple days so didn't check ebay. a seller listed a 1999 Fleer Brilliants 24k Gold Pedro Martinez for $599 BIN or BO and accepted a BO of $185 the same day, so I never saw the listing when I returned. Had never seen the 24k gold of that card, and have never even seen the Gold /99. Bummed I missed it.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
sorry man! i know that mirror gold has been on your want list and was hoping you might have snagged it.

something similar happened to me recently, I was out of town for a couple days so didn't check ebay. a seller listed a 1999 Fleer Brilliants 24k Gold Pedro Martinez for $599 BIN or BO and accepted a BO of $185 the same day, so I never saw the listing when I returned. Had never seen the 24k gold of that card, and have never even seen the Gold /99. Bummed I missed it.

Yeah you win some and you lose some. I did get a couple great cards from him at amazing prices. I bought 3 1992 Ace Novelty cards from him for $40 bucks total. The last time any of them sold on ebay they went for $400 each so it wasn't all bad.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
For the record, I hate looking at completed listings for Albert Belle from time to time because I'll see sh!t like this and just freak out for missing it and not seeing it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts