Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did/does anyone here have WWE stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It fell 43% last week and a law firm has already filed an investigation into the new TV deal, although I'm not sure if that means anything in the long run.

Vince had an emergency conference call today where he tried to smooth things over but it sounds like it didn't go so well:

*TV Rights Deals: Nearly doubled rights fees, including domestic (US) and
International. NBCU deal was nearly (but not quite) doubled. They are somewhat
disappointed in the deal, but overall they are happy considering the
international deals went according to (high) expectations.

*Core business is strong, ratings are good, and live events attendance is
strong

*$115 million have been spent on WWE Network over the past few years on
staff, production costs, capital expenditures, etc.

*Increase in revenues from TV rights deals to increase $75 million this year
from last year

*However, production costs will also increase $10 million as a result of the
new deals

*WWE Network can attract between 2.5-3.8 million subscribers globally within
a few years

*1.3-1.4 million subscribers needed to make up for cannibalization of PPV
sales (assuming complete cannibalization of PPV sales)

*If they have 1 million network subscribers by end of year, they will lose
approx. $35 million from the network this year

*Vince is indeed in London for Raw

*Coming out with the network prior to negotiating TV deals had a negative
impact on the TV deals

*All TV deals recently negotiated will be less than 5 years

*Their projections going forward are to assume complete cannibalization of
PPV sales (ie assuming no more ppv sales)

*Audible “****” from Vince when people on the call get disconnected lol

*Very confident in the network management team (in response to why there is
a high turnover amongst network staff)

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It's a good time to buy I would imagine. You know they'll eventually bounce back

I'm not so sure

The stock rising so fast was because WWE told investors they would be able to have 1 million network buys right out of the gate and their new TV deal would be 2-3x what it currently is.

They only had 660,000ish network buys and their new deal only pays a little more than the current one.

Their stock used to sit around 12.00-17.00 range...the 29ish that it was at before the new tv deal was the highest it had ever gone

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I may buy in just to have a share or two, but that's it.

NOW, if TNA became a publicly traded company ...

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I have WWE shares. I have owned them since their IPO and they are nothing to brag about. I knew I should have sold them last month, that is what I get for procrastinating.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm not so sure

The stock rising so fast was because WWE told investors they would be able to have 1 million network buys right out of the gate and their new TV deal would be 2-3x what it currently is.

They only had 660,000ish network buys and their new deal only pays a little more than the current one.

Their stock used to sit around 12.00-17.00 range...the 29ish that it was at before the new tv deal was the highest it had ever gone

lol probably why i dont buy and sell stocks.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
"The reason I'm leaving is you people because after I'm gone, you're still gonna pour money into this company. I'm just a spoke on the wheel, the wheel's gonna keep turning and I understand that. But Vince McMahon's gonna make money despite himself. He's a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he's not a billionaire? It's 'cause he surrounds himself with glad-handing, nonsensical ********* yes-men like John Laurinaitis who's gonna tell him everything that he wants to hear. And I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon's dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family!"

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
"The reason I'm leaving is you people because after I'm gone, you're still gonna pour money into this company. I'm just a spoke on the wheel, the wheel's gonna keep turning and I understand that. But Vince McMahon's gonna make money despite himself. He's a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he's not a billionaire? It's 'cause he surrounds himself with glad-handing, nonsensical ********* yes-men like John Laurinaitis who's gonna tell him everything that he wants to hear. And I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon's dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family!"

Still hope he doesn't come back. Piss on him.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Still hope he doesn't come back. Piss on him.

Punk was ahead of his time back in 2011.

His promo is just as true today as it was then and will remain one of the most powerful promos of all time

I still sit 50/50 on Punk. I get why he left but the way he did it was terrible.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Didn't own any before yesterday.

I see definite profit potential if they can turn the ship around

I think the big issue with why people dont subscribe to the network is because they get RAW and SD on their TV plan already

They need to attract casual fans with content, which they dont have enough of, in my opinion. I can see why it takes time to upload millions of hours of content, though

Members online

Latest posts