Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 APOH 500 Home Run Auto set in pictures - set complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Haha jk jk

By the way, the Mathews and Banks are really tough to find. Has anyone ever seen them before?

A board member has the Mathews. I've never seen the Banks (or at least can't recall ever seeing it).

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
The McGwire AUTO /25 APOH 500 has popped up on ebay. First one in 8 years. The last one to surface was the one i own. Asking price is $ 4,999. First copy in 8 years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARK-MCGWIRE-2002-UPPER-DECK-500-CLUB-PIECE-OF-HISTORY-AUTO-GAME-USED-BAT-25-/371193320520?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item566cd89448

Very cool!

$_57.JPG

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Just left the Fanatics Authentics show in Chicago - came across a dealer who had 3 of these (all raw copies):

•Frank Robinson 15/20 - asking $1,250
•Mark McGwire /25 - agreed to be sold for $2,750. Sounds like the buyer got a good deal considering what the last McGwire sold for and the current asking BIN for the on eBay.

And the whopper:
•Ted Williams 8/9: asking $10,000

Wasn't allowed to take a picture, unfortunately. However, felt pretty cool to actually see a Williams in person.

Last edited:

jschl93994

Apr 30, 2011
The one sold at the show was the one that was* on eBay. (see same seller has the Williams & Frank Robinson)

The last Griffey Jr on eBay sold for $3400 with a slightly faded signature. That McGwire was a perfect signature. $2750 sounds about right. Not a bad deal indeed

Just left the Fanatics Authentics show in Chicago - came across a dealer who had 3 of these (all raw copies):

•Mark McGwire /25 - agreed to be sold for $2,750. Sounds like the buyer got a good deal considering what the last McGwire sold for and the current asking BIN for the on eBay.

And the whopper:

Wasn't allowed to take a picture, unfortunately. However, felt pretty cool to actually see a Williams in person.

I messaged the seller on ebay out of curiosity to see what the mcGwire card sold for, told him i had one and i was curious. His reply "DO you want to sell yours? I just sold the one on here for 1750" so looks like someone is trying to make a quick G as the middle man. 2750 is still underselling that card IMO.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008

And the whopper:

The 8/9 recently sold in the last Robert Edwards Auction in a lot with 3 cards. Based on the values of the other cards I would say he paid around $8500-$9000 for it:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2014_fall/661.html

Willaims APOH Auto.jpg

And check out this monster lot. Unfortunately I was outbid:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2014_fall/659.html

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
The 8/9 recently sold in the last Robert Edwards Auction in a lot with 3 cards. Based on the values of the other cards I would say he paid around $8500-$9000 for it:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2014_fall/661.html

View attachment 43321

And check out this monster lot. Unfortunately I was outbid:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2014_fall/659.html

Yes, that's exactly what the seller told me - I appreciated the transparency. And that lot is an impressively jaw-dropping collection. What's your opinion of the final sale price?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Yes, that's exactly what the seller told me - I appreciated the transparency. And that lot is an impressively jaw-dropping collection. What's your opinion of the final sale price?

When I was bidding I tried to calculate what I thought they would get if sold individually on eBay and was in the $15000 range. Of course they sell so rarely that it would really hard to tell.

Looks like it is up on eBay now...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Pretty sure that completes the set with the additions of Banks and Mathews.

In another note, a Mays PSA 10 sold for $5,000. Not sure how much was a gem mint premium. Any thoughts on what the Mays would go for raw these days? $3,000? More? Less?

Members online

Latest posts