Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tuesday Morning Thread!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
What's he problem man, you get paid by the hour and not by the piece :lol:

Richard

It was a real hoot cleaning it up with a grumpy Millwright. Didn't help that the two electricians standing by watching was antagonizing him.

Btw, $14,000 worth of parts now scrap metal.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Morning fellas. Kinda bummed out. Have a shoulder issue that kept me out of work for over a week, and isn't really improving. Potentially looking at surgery and short term disability. Wooofreakinghooo

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Dunno if I mentioned this or not. About a week ago my wife suggested I quit my job, and go into the card business. My job is destroying me both mentally and physically, and I've been off work for 1.5 weeks with a completely decimated shoulder.

I'm giving this some sincere consideration. It would be tough, for a bit, but I think I could do it well enough for us to live comfortably. We aren't the type to need new vehicles and lots of stuff. All three of our vehicles are paid off, house will be paid off in 5 years, and our payment is very manageable.

Any advice from you guys? Consider most of you good friends and would trust what you'd have to say.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Dunno if I mentioned this or not. About a week ago my wife suggested I quit my job, and go into the card business. My job is destroying me both mentally and physically, and I've been off work for 1.5 weeks with a completely decimated shoulder.

I'm giving this some sincere consideration. It would be tough, for a bit, but I think I could do it well enough for us to live comfortably. We aren't the type to need new vehicles and lots of stuff. All three of our vehicles are paid off, house will be paid off in 5 years, and our payment is very manageable.

Any advice from you guys? Consider most of you good friends and would trust what you'd have to say.

I think the fact that you will sleep better is worth it and since you have your wife's support, all that much better..

Doing a job that you love is alot better then doing a job you hate..

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Afternoon all!

@Cat, I thought you really liked the company you work for and that they took really good care of you...

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think the fact that you will sleep better is worth it and since you have your wife's support, all that much better..

Doing a job that you love is alot better then doing a job you hate..
I don't care for my job, but it pays the bills. I, unfortunately, wasn't blessed enough to be a **** stick for **** chicks. Ho hum...

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Finally got my 2011 Bowman Platinum Blake Snell auto redemption filled by Topps, who at least sent a 2011 Bowman Sterling Blake Snell auto.
DANNY

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just curious on your guys' thoughts on Bud Selig getting into the HOF? I know that a lot of fans haven't agreed with everything that he has done, but do you guys think that he will eventually get voted in? I'm just asking because I'm debating on whether or not I wanted to get a baseball signed by him or not. If he has a strong chance at the HOF, I'd really want to add one for my HOF collection. At the same time, I'm also leaning towards getting him anyways due to the fact that he did have a big impact on the game during his time as commissioner.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Selig will get in. Although, he pretty much allowed the Steroid Era to occur under his watch so maybe not. I don't know.

These were my thoughts as well. And, as somebody that is trying to collect as many HOF signed baseballs, I feel like I should get him before he passes on since he is up there in age and with him signing TTM I'm thinking I should just get him now

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good evening all!
Stephen- Before jumping head first into a business, please do your homework. Is there a way you could "test the waters" while still working at your current job? The fact that you have your wife's blessing is huge. If you wind up going the card route, I wish you all the success in the world.:D
Zack - I totally think you should TTM Bud Selig, HoF or not.:cool:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good evening all!
Stephen- Before jumping head first into a business, please do your homework. Is there a way you could "test the waters" while still working at your current job? The fact that you have your wife's blessing is huge. If you wind up going the card route, I wish you all the success in the world.:D
Zack - I totally think you should TTM Bud Selig, HoF or not.:cool:

The debate is about sending him a ball for me. Already got him on this-
scan0105_zps73bcbcf6.jpg

Members online

Latest posts