Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I had been watching those, or rather, I had been tracking those on my spreadsheet. Yes, I'm crazy and don't like to give potential buyers itchy trigger fingers seeing the watch count rise. With Burbank's propensity to use stock photos, I was skeptical. Though, the wildcard being the non-deckled edges. Why have stock photos of those? I also couldn't believe that these would have been sitting in front of everyone's faces for so long while never being purchased but more likely purchased and since returned. After seeing the results this morning I had an idea to check Beckett. They were in fact listed as "new" inventory. That sealed it. I didn't even realize Burbank got new inventory anymore. I'll let you know what happens.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I had been watching those, or rather, I had been tracking those on my spreadsheet. Yes, I'm crazy and don't like to give potential buyers itchy trigger fingers seeing the watch count rise. With Burbank's propensity to use stock photos, I was skeptical. Though, the wildcard being the non-deckled edges. Why have stock photos of those? I also couldn't believe that these would have been sitting in front of everyone's faces for so long while never being purchased but more likely purchased and since returned. After seeing the results this morning I had an idea to check Beckett. They were in fact listed as "new" inventory. That sealed it. I didn't even realize Burbank got new inventory anymore. I'll let you know what happens.

Funny, I have had this happen on a few cards (including this one if it is the same card I swear I have seen before) where I am figuring that if nobody is pulling the trigger then it must not be worth it. Huh. Maybe I should start gambling on some of these. Nice pickup... And to get it from Burbank who usually charges a mighty premium on cards even that much sweeter!!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Burbank only uses stock photos on non serial-numbered cards that are already in their inventory. Every numbered card I've bought from them has matched the serial # in the scan.

Burbank gets new inventory pretty regularly. They still buy massive collections.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I confirmed with Burbank before purchase that the new inventory of 1997 Finest Refractors were actual scans and not stock photos, which is odd because I know for a fact that have a scan of the gold refractor from previous sales. I think it's a bit random as to what they scan and what they use stock photos for at times. It seems non-serial numbered cards with a high enough dollar value are in fact scanned on occasion.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Here's the scan of the Thomas from Burbank's listing; the checkered pattern is what made me inquire:

s-l500.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Funny, I have had this happen on a few cards (including this one if it is the same card I swear I have seen before) where I am figuring that if nobody is pulling the trigger then it must not be worth it. Huh. Maybe I should start gambling on some of these. Nice pickup... And to get it from Burbank who usually charges a mighty premium on cards even that much sweeter!!
I picked up my Griffey Gold Embossed Refractor from Burbank years back, and at a real nice price :mrgreen:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
The 1997 Finest Gold with Atomic Refractor finish and not die-cut or embossed were test cards and likely less than 5 sheets were printed. I have seen three Tony Gwynn cards (own 2) and no more than two for other players.

I know Be8eL0VE owns at least 2 Jeters

jeterrare.jpg

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
No, sorry....or maybe that is good? I think I have seen less than 20 total players

It's a good thing. I'm tired of taking one step forward only to discover another new card and take one step back.

Speaking of one step forward...I picked this up this morning. Now at 342/354
s-l500.jpg

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
Bought a another large collection with 90's goodies,anyone intrested in any player please pm.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Can anyone confirm whether this is the 2nd set of xx proofs to surface or was Juan excluded from the first wave years back? Different seller from the original inventory but also a seller with a reputation. Always been curious if in fact only one copy.

1998 Donruss Elite Status Sample #11 - Juan Gonzalez
Courtesy of COMC.com

1998 Donruss Elite Status Sample #128 - Juan Gonzalez
Courtesy of COMC.com

1998 Leaf Fractal Matrix Die-Cut Diamond-Axis Promos #173 - Juan Gonzalez
Courtesy of COMC.com

It's a good thing. I'm tired of taking one step forward only to discover another new card and take one step back.

Speaking of one step forward...I picked this up this morning. Now at 342/354
s-l500.jpg

Love the old Marlins uniforms!!!

I used to have a Marlins hat from the 90s but I lost it on a ride at Bush Gardens (I think)

Anywho, which Conine cards are you missing?

Members online

Latest posts