Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Has anyone tried to remove the cardboard top of one of the gold EX's of some crappy player or cheap one to see if the gold color is consistent all the way through the card? I would think if you see 2 tones of gold on the card once the top cardboard cutout of the player is removed from the card, that might prove or disprove one way or the other. I don't have any of these, so my knowledge lies from this thread, but it might be worth a try if someone has a crappy player in hand.

That's really not a definitive test though, the term sun damage is a bit of a stretch, as sun speeds up the chemical process, but it can happen without any sun exposure at all, as was the case with the Studio Stars I posted. That said, I'd be curious too.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Big shoutout to [MENTION=11496]goobmcnasty[/MENTION]!

I had had the one on the left, but to see the three Griffey Longevity's together really is awesome!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 224

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
After all these years I am still missing a Lankford 1997 Flair Legacy Row 0 /100.......anyone else missing a seeming easy insert from Legacy?

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
After all these years I am still missing a Lankford 1997 Flair Legacy Row 0 /100.......anyone else missing a seeming easy insert from Legacy?

I ended up getting all of my 97s from Burbank. Soon after, one came up but I haven't seen the Belle 97s aside from them. And oddly enough, they apparently still have more, because they are listed on eBay. Their prices are high as usual, but it was worth it to knock them all out.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
This just popped up tonight on comc. I couldnt hit buy now fast enough. This 100 pointer completes my rainbow.

1998 Topps Gallery Baseball Auction 100 Points #JEBA - Jeff Bagwell

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I ended up getting all of my 97s from Burbank. Soon after, one came up but I haven't seen the Belle 97s aside from them. And oddly enough, they apparently still have more, because they are listed on eBay. Their prices are high as usual, but it was worth it to knock them all out.
I have no problem buying from Steve at Burbank. I have heard others having issues finding '97 Row 0 and wanted to add to the list of those frustrated by this insert.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014

I'm missing the Griffey for my PC - have heard for years that this particular one has frustrated other Griffey collectors as well. Seems like this set is harder than the other Legacies across the years

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

I'd just won a Griffey about the time you posted your Jeters. Super Sweet!

attachment.php

Rusty signs a bunch of autos, so it's hard to find one that catches the eye and sometimes the autos get a little sloppy. But this one really caught my eye. It's a great auto and the cut-out on this card almost makes it look like the auto is framed. Plus how many guys could fit their auto in that little space :)

attachment.php

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I'd just won a Griffey about the time you posted your Jeters. Super Sweet!

attachment.php

Rusty signs a bunch of autos, so it's hard to find one that catches the eye and sometimes the autos get a little sloppy. But this one really caught my eye. It's a great auto and the cut-out on this card almost makes it look like the auto is framed. Plus how many guys could fit their auto in that little space :)

attachment.php

That Griffey is Sweet. I landed one a little bit ago and think those Elite prized are great looking. Nice price on that one too!!!

Congrats in the Greer too

Members online

Latest posts