Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
A couple of people have already commented elsewhere that there's a bunch of 1999 Topps MVP Promotion cards on eBay. Are the multiplayer cards and special cards supposed to have the stamp on them too? The ones listed do not. I'm referring specifically to the prospect cards, Pedro Strikeout King, and the All Topps First Basemen card with Olerud/Thome/Tino. How are they differentiated from the regular cards?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Only difference for the all-topps cards is the back.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Sorry Mo is not Clark,not even close.

I wouldn't go THAT far...Will Clark is a hell of a lot closer to the Mo Vaughns of the baseball world than he is to the Griffeys, Jeters, or Ripkens, and I would've been surprised if those guys even went that high. That's why I was asking...do these 1999 EX Century NOW cards typically go for this kind of money, or was this auction a total anomaly?

Btw, look at the stats vs career games played between Clark and Vaughn...if Mo played as long as Clark did, it WOULDN'T be close because Mo would have no doubt owned Clark in every category except for Gold Gloves. But since Mo had a fairly short career, it actually IS close. Not saying Mo Vaughn is anything super special, but neither is Will Clark.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I wouldn't go THAT far...Will Clark is a hell of a lot closer to the Mo Vaughns of the baseball world than he is to the Griffeys, Jeters, or Ripkens, and I would've been surprised if those guys even went that high. That's why I was asking...do these 1999 EX Century NOW cards typically go for this kind of money, or was this auction a total anomaly?

Btw, look at the stats vs career games played between Clark and Vaughn...if Mo played as long as Clark did, it WOULDN'T be close because Mo would have no doubt owned Clark in every category except for Gold Gloves. But since Mo had a fairly short career, it actually IS close. Not saying Mo Vaughn is anything super special, but neither is Will Clark.

If you are a Clark collector you would know his prices are not related to his stats. He is a top 5 seller behind DJ, KG, CR, and RH. Trust me I wish it wasn't that way.

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I completed a transaction with him for a Frank Thomas I needed. He was pretty easy to work with and had reasonable prices.

I, too, didn't have any issues with him and actually was able to get a few '98 Topps Tek transaction completed with him with ease but I do know, and witnessed, him not playing well with some others on here. O well I guess.

Latest posts