Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Henry Owens Promoted to AAA Pawtucket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
I was so psyched to see this populate in my twitter feed. The guy's a monster, although he's pitched a lot this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to peter out a little in AAA.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Another hot list, another red Sox pitching prospect.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Well deserved. Now the question is, will he start 2015 in Boston??

I have a better question: where are the Sox gonna put all these guys? By 2016, we could see a rotation with Ranaudo, Owens, Barnes, Workman, delaRosa, and Webster, with Pat Light and Trey Ball not far behind. And notice I didn't even include Buchholz; he could be anywhere from a #1 starter to a bullpen arm by then.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I have a better question: where are the Sox gonna put all these guys? By 2016, we could see a rotation with Ranaudo, Owens, Barnes, Workman, delaRosa, and Webster, with Pat Light and Trey Ball not far behind. And notice I didn't even include Buchholz; he could be anywhere from a #1 starter to a bullpen arm by then.

Don't forget Brian Johnson as well.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I doubt Workman is a starter for much further than 2014. Light also has nearly as many walks as strikeouts in A+ ball, and doesn't project as much of a starter either. Ball is a long ways away, 2016 would be extremely optimistic. He's probably a 2017/2018 guy at best. Johnson is a wild card because his stuff doesn't project all that well, but he's dominated at nearly every level so far. His chance at AAA will come next year, and they'll see if he can hang.

The rest of this season will likely determine if any of Ranaudo, Webster, De La Rosa have a future in the Sox rotation. Next year will likely be Buchholz, Kelly, a FA, and two of the above.

Members online