Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

September 11th, 2001 - I'm sure you can remember exactly what you were doing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I was at work and since I was one of the few to have multiple monitors.. I was the one who had CNN.com on there screen all day!!

sept-11.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Was exactly one month from graduating AIT in the Army. I was on the night class rotation and had just laid down to sleep when my suite mate came in and told me what happened. None of us got sleep that day. We all knew we were going to war.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
My ex wife was working in manhattan, she called me at home i was sleeping because i worked nights. she said turn on the tv,

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I was a freshman in college. I was in class, the department secretary came to the door and whispered to my professor. My professor turned to the class with both panic and a calmness in her voice and said the United States is under attack, classes have been dismissed for the day.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I was working in a beer distributor. We always have a radio on, so I was listening as it happened. I remember when the 1st plane hit, they weren't sure if they were getting a fake report. I could see yhe smoke from my job and house

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I was a senior in high school. My mom woke me up early and told me to look at what happen. I remember teachers having the news on in class for the entire week.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I was in college...woke up and went to my computer and got on AOL instant messenger and got a ton of messages asking me if I saw what happened...quickly turned on the TV and tuned in like everyone else at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I was supposed to fly out of the Roanoke airport that morning to go to Atlantic City for a conference.....the first time I had flown in over 20 years. I heard about the first plane on the radio, but figured some small plane had crashed. On arriving at the airport I saw everyone watching the TV and a couple of minutes later seeing the plane had hit the Pentagon. Flights were cancelled and the guy going with me called our boss to tell her. She told him to drive both of us to Atlantic City (worst boss I ever had). We drove about 2 hours when she had someone else call us to tell us the conference had been cancelled (as I predicted). When I got home I was almost as angry with her as I was with the terrorists.
A lot changed that day for the entire country.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I just posted the question "what were you doing on 9/11?" on facebook. I was working on a website in my first apartment, and a client called me, and she wanted me to put a message on the website about it. I said "huh?" She told me to turn on the tv, and sure enough ... :(

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I wrote this a few years ago on here, mostly to get it out of my system.

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...September-11-2001-story?p=2040414#post2040414

The pictures that were in the thread seem to have been removed, but you will get the gist of it.

I was reread your story, and was going to respond, but I think my original response in that thread is still appropriate. And your story and writing is still as powerful.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I was sleeping. My wife came in and told me to turn on the tv. I couldn't beleive it. My son was in the next room watching it on tv. It was his 20th birthday, and 9/11 was a big reason he joined the Army.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I was reread your story, and was going to respond, but I think my original response in that thread is still appropriate. And your story and writing is still as powerful.

Thanks. I had decided this morning that I was not going to re-read that post today - it just hurts too much. But, when I saw this thread I did reread it and it brought it all back. So much raw emotion came flooding back even after all these years. Now, I feel like a fool sitting at work with tears in my eyes. Man, I hate today.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Thanks. I had decided this morning that I was not going to re-read that post today - it just hurts too much. But, when I saw this thread I did reread it and it brought it all back. So much raw emotion came flooding back even after all these years. Now, I feel like a fool sitting at work with tears in my eyes. Man, I hate today.

I had tears in my eyes myself, if you don't, or at least if it doesn't make you feel something, you aren't human.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I was in Estes Park CO with family, woke up to my Uncle watching the coverage of what was happening. I was booked to fly home later that day from CO to MN. 2 1/2 days later, I literally found the last one way car rental in the greater Denver area and drove from CO to MN, stayed overnight in Omaha NE. Was one of the loneliest drives home ever.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I was at work in a warehouse directly across the street from the airport near Hartford CT. The bosses just told us the basics and everyone had to keep working (it was a sh!tty place to work). I didn't get the full story until I got home because my car had no radio. The strangest thing for me was how empty and quiet everything was. The airport was completely shut down and there was less traffic at 4:00 PM than there is at 4:00 AM. Even on the interstate. I remember just being incredibly angry.

Scott F

OhioCollectibles

Aug 28, 2008
I was chatting on the Beckett Boards. I had gotten home from work at 6am and was winding down for the day. Someone posted about the first plane and from then on for the next few weeks we were all glued to the tv.

I collect Chet Lemon

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I was in 3rd grade when it happened. We were sitting in class and one of the other teachers came in and told my teacher what happened. My teacher then rolled her TV out and turned it on to the news. I don't remember how long we watched it, but I remember just sitting there in silence, stunned at what was going on. I was only 8 years old at the time, but can vividly remember just watching the events unfold

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts