Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo of the day Part 2....Friday September 13, 2013.......Special edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Once a week I would like to feature a photo or two from our very own board members here on FCB that were taken at various sporting events. If you have any to share please feel free to pm me the photo and I will be sure to feature them in one of the upcoming "Photo of the Day Part 2" feature that I plan on doing every Friday.

The first "part 2" picture comes from board member Alexs64 taken at Chase Field in Arizona. Someday I will have to see a game at this ball park.

I am also going to throw one in here that I personally have taken a number of years ago. This photo was taken at the old Comisky Park in Chicago on the day before the 1983 All Star Game which commemorated the 50th anniversary of the first ASG. Now this would have been before the days of having a home run derby and a skills competetion the day before so the ball park was a bit empty for the festivities. On this day there was a all star workout which amounted to batting practice AND an old timers game in whcih they brought back any living ball player that ever played in a an all star game. This was an incredible opportunity to see the living legends back on the field one more time. Dimaggio, Mantle, Maris....all the greats were back for one more day. This was a great day to be a baseball fan.

This photo is the American League greats lined up after introductions. Mantle, Maris, Dimaggio, Greenberg and more can be seen. How many can you name by just their number?

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Awesome picture of Chase Field! [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] definitely try to come to Chase Field it's an awesome stadium!

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
In the third photo I can spy Frank Robinson (I think) at the far left.
Ok so I am going from Memory here but you are correct...starting at the far left it is Frank Robinson.

20 Frank Robinson
6 Paul Blair
9 Minnie Minoso
9 Roger Maris
7 Mickey Mantle
6 Al Kaline
14 ?
5 Joe Dimaggio
?
24 Early Wynn
16 Whitey Ford
19 Bob Feller
14 ?
11 Frank Malzone
?
?
5 Lou Boudreau
11 Luis Aparicio
4 Joe Cronin ?
5 Brooks Robinson
11 George Kell
?
14 Bill Skowron
?
8 Bill Dickey
5 Hank Greenberg
?
Blue Jacket
?
3?
?

It is a slow day at work so I think some research is in store for me today. I always wanted to find out who was in this picture and today appears to be the day!! LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts