Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rosemont Cubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
I am beginning to hate the Ricketts. Between how they are trying to put less games on WGN and now this. I can't really see it happening but still annoying.

Y! SPORTS

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
The Cubs moving would be the best thing to ever happen to them and their fans.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
The Cubs moving would be the best thing to ever happen to them and their fans.

Says a Cardinal fan. Explain why it would be a good thing besides your obvious disdain for Wrigley?

I would much rather go to Wrigley than that XXXXhole Busch

They aren't going anywhere

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Says a Cardinal fan.

They aren't going anywhere

Yep, says a fan of a team with 11 World Series Championships. I didn't respond to this to start a Cards/Cubs argument. About 8-10 years ago the Chicago Tribune ran a poll question asking Cubs fans if they would rather stay at Wrigley and never win a WS championship or move to a new park and win two WS titles within five years. Guess which one won? You guessed it, Wrigley Field and it was overwhelming. I love baseball history but if a ballpark like Yankee Stadium (a stadium with an actual winning tradition/ Ruth, Gehrig etc..) could get knocked down then Wrigley can go. It is time for a move.
This is a recent Rick Reilly article on this very subject:
Wrigley's ivy is choking the life out of the field - ESPN Chicago

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Yep, says a fan of a team with 11 World Series Championships. I didn't respond to this to start a Cards/Cubs argument. About 8-10 years ago the Chicago Tribune ran a poll question asking Cubs fans if they would rather stay at Wrigley and never win a WS championship or move to a new park and win two WS titles within five years. Guess which one won? You guessed it, Wrigley Field and it was overwhelming. I love baseball history but if a ballpark like Yankee Stadium (a stadium with an actual winning tradition/ Ruth, Gehrig etc..) could get knocked down then Wrigley can go. It is time for a move.
This is a recent Rick Reilly article on this very subject:
Wrigley's ivy is choking the life out of the field - ESPN Chicago

It's not often I agree with a Cardinals fan regarding the Cubs, but this is one of those times. It's time for Wrigley to go. I love the history of the ballpark, but the park itself is a dump. Build a newer, more modern version of the park.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
It's not often I agree with a Cardinals fan regarding the Cubs, but this is one of those times. It's time for Wrigley to go. I love the history of the ballpark, but the park itself is a dump. Build a newer, more modern version of the park.

I have been waiting for a new park for the last 20 years.

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Eh I guess I have a different opinion. Maybe cause I don't live there anymore and get to alot of the games, but when I do I couldn't imagine going somewhere other than Wrigley

Members online

Latest posts