Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Upper Deck Exquisite Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
There are still four (4) cards from 2010 Exquisite that have yet to be catalogued by Beckett or baseballcardpedia.com:

Base card #86, one of the combo patches, and two of the single patches.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
So frustrating seeing a raft of them come up when I already have every single one.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
10_teixeira_61of75_zpsac343ad4.png
10_dimaggio_37of75_zpscc494e4a.png
10_robinson_28of75_zpsdb5923bf.png

Thanks to [MENTION=2077]smapdi[/MENTION] for this Eckersley:

10_eckersley_28of75_zps84257373.png

The Teixeira is available for trade if anyone has base cards they are looking to move.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
10_loney_37of75_zpstbgzd7vw.png
10_mattingly_51of25_zps4cc737df.png
10_soriano_35of75_zps34b95919.png

The Loney and Soriano are doubles.

It's been over a year since any of the uncatalogued cards from this set have been added to the baseballcardpedia.com page.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Nice Loney, looks awfully familiar! ;)

I wanted to share this message I got in regards to that Loney auction, something to keep an eye out for if anyone is selling or bidding on Exquisites:

"I got this message today in regards to an auction for a 2010 Exquisite James Loney I have running. Some ****** put in a large bid, and cancelled it with the old "wrong amount" excuse two days later. So, here's what I got:

"Just a heads up, jeepn3 was shilling your auction. That's why he retracted. He's been trying to control the market value so he can sell the hundreds he has, but most of the time he gets caught being the high bidder"

Bidder's name is actually jeepnj33, and he has 405 bid retractions in the last year. That has shady written all over it. "

I'd originally posted this in the 'ebayers to avoid' thread, figured it might be relevant here as well.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
He offered me a large amount of money for some of my Exquisites through this board. To my knowledge he never publicized the amount and neither have I. And if he wanted to monopolize the market for those cards I wouldn't have been able to replace one I sold for well under $100. And he has sold some for as little as $15. So I don't think it's a matter of him controlling the market, or whatever. And I doubt he has "hundreds" of them. I think he really is passionate about the set but sometimes does things that seem odd. Like, he claimed to have a card #54 when no one knew who it was, and he wouldn't tell me, shortly before one was listed on eBay under a different ID. Can't explain 400+ bid retractions, though, that's a lot.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I picked up two more Exquisites, including the first patch I've gotten in a while.

10_utley_59of75_zpspdtjnqbn.png
10_ichiro_2of50_zpsfril3rzg.png

It's a minor discovery, but I was able to confirm that the Ichiro patch is numbered "EP-I," not "EP-IS" as noted by Beckett. I've modified the baseballcardpedia entry for the card.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Nice Loney, looks awfully familiar! ;)

I wanted to share this message I got in regards to that Loney auction, something to keep an eye out for if anyone is selling or bidding on Exquisites:

Bidder's name is actually jeepnj33, and he has 405 bid retractions in the last year. That has shady written all over it. "

I'd originally posted this in the 'ebayers to avoid' thread, figured it might be relevant here as well.

How Ebay has not booted this guy yet is totally beyond me.. and yes I've dealt with him many times as a Canseco collector

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I picked up two more Exquisites, including the first patch I've gotten in a while.

10_utley_59of75_zpspdtjnqbn.png

10_ichiro_2of50_zpsfril3rzg.png

It's a minor discovery, but I was able to confirm that the Ichiro patch is numbered "EP-I," not "EP-IS" as noted by Beckett. I've modified the baseballcardpedia entry for the card.

Holy moly that's a sweet Ichiro!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
JeepNJ is selling his Exquisite set. I wonder if he's done buying. I still need 14 cards for mine, and if he is not in competition for them anymore it might make them just a little easier.

At $100,000, the price seems high but I don't think you'll ever see one for sale cheaper. Probably the only one, unless Heavy Hitter is up there.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I'm actually closer to finishing the patch sets than the base set. I still need 24 base cards.

The base card print run of 7-8 was being pushed by iluvsaudek07 as being confirmed by UD when he was selling off his collection, but my instincts are that the print run is probably double that, if not more. I haven't tracked the serial numbers of the base as closely as I have the patch cards, but it's just my gut feeling. I'm confident in saying the patch print run is 5.

I had previously reached out to Chris Carlin from UD who confirmed that both the base set and the patch sets are complete at 99 cards. Base card # 86 and a 50th single patch were never released (on a set that was never supposed to be released).

Nine years later, that's the first complete base set I've seen. There are still patches that I haven't seen copies of.

Members online