Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
You usually have to spend like $50 with the same seller. Keep in mind the Marketplace isn't like COMC. You are literally buying directly from different dealers who are then responsible for shipping you your cards so you have to pay separate shipping charges if buying from several different sellers even though you only make one payment. I've never had an issue with any dealers on there myself though

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
You usually have to spend like $50 with the same seller. Keep in mind the Marketplace isn't like COMC. You are literally buying directly from different dealers who are then responsible for shipping you your cards so you have to pay separate shipping charges if buying from several different sellers even though you only make one payment. I've never had an issue with any dealers on there myself though

Exactly.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Wow, has anyone purchased cards off Beckett Marketplace before? There are three cards I need, but the total makes is over $15.00.

No, I haven't. They are high, with Card Gallery being the highest that I've seen on there. On BM, Burbank had free shipping with a $50 purchase. Since Burbank moved their cards to ebay, you can buy 5 cards and get free shipping. So I bought 5 Thome Tek cards from Burbank for $9.10 shipped on ebay instead of $5.80 shipped for one Thome Tek card from Burbank on BM. That really helps when you are on a tight budget.:)

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Well, I pulled the trigger on the Beckett Marketplace TEKs I needed. I'll add three more to the collection....once they arrive, I will be 21 away.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

There are a few Glaus patterns that all come with a large purplish spot/smear on the left side of the card. My guess is that certain patterns for certain cards just are naturally messed up.

I was in on that, never expected to see it get that high. I'm clearly not as hardcore into Rolen as someone else is!

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Yo, rinkrat38, you get all those Diffractors that ended last night?

Bid on two of those diffractors, got two. The rest were duplicates for me.

Gotta check and see what that Guerrero diffractor went for. Mike Brown, @pkerplyr is offering six Guerrero diffractors, each for $14.00 on Sportslots, but on eBay they are going for well over that price. Lot of bidders, can't believe they don't need any of the six offered on Sportslots, or maybe they don't check there. Not the easiest site to use, but there are a ton of '98 Teks on Sportslots.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Bid on two of those diffractors, got two. The rest were duplicates for me.

Gotta check and see what that Guerrero diffractor went for. Mike Brown, @pkerplyr is offering six Guerrero diffractors, each for $14.00 on Sportslots, but on eBay they are going for well over that price. Lot of bidders, can't believe they don't need any of the six offered on Sportslots, or maybe they don't check there. Not the easiest site to use, but there are a ton of '98 Teks on Sportslots.

Are they still there? Why am I not seeing those on the search? I see he has TEK for Vlad Guerrrero.

Nevermind....I see what the issue is. You have to search BY SET, not by player. Interesting...never knew that option was giving different results. If you just plug in "Vlad Guerrero", you don't get the diffractor results.

Last edited:

Members online