Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Here are the rules: I've added some thoughts in (). It's not about value, but it is. Taking something and putting stuff you don't want is just beyond disgusting. I asked 200lbhockeyplayer to help because I wanted to see great things from this thread. I never wanted anything in return. You wont see me complaining about what card I didn't get because I was PAYING IT FORWARD. I actually thought a member might step in and take a crap lot and put up something astounding. There are no rules because it should be driven by the generosity of the members. There is no sign at Starbucks that says to pay for the guys order behind you. When someone buys your lunch, you buy someone else's because you want to. It's not that hard FCB.

****Couple of things to keep in mind****
- Use common sense (if you can't replace the card taken without paying it forward, then don't take it)
- This should be fun not a hassle (I shouldn't be a babysitter)
- Be considerate (don't abuse the thread)
- Ship in a timely manner (duh)
- Post pictures (We've been good about this)
- Have fun (Not sure)
- This thread works best when its clean, less comments equals a smoother thread (this irritates me almost more than the coupons, the discussion thread was created for that, when non-contributers clog up the thread, people can't see what is available)

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Steve (charsupv) sent that person stuff, as he mentioned below. He just didnt feel the need to gain internet points by posting about it.

If you think I need to gain "internet points" in this forum, then you're XXXXtin yourself. I posted it in HOPES others would get the point and follow suit. I'm happy to hear someone else sent the guy some stuff. That's great! My points are simple - I've been around this board far long enough to know there was once a community of people who really just cared about being friendly to each other (for the most part), as have you HPC (and others), and a good chunk of that went down the drain and some good people disappeared because of it. Here came a great idea from a good board member with good intentions and it's greeted with more of the same B.S.

I just wish people here could focus more on helping each other with their collections, rather than slamming each other all the time. How can something so positive have gotten so negative? There were no expectations on others!

As for Kevin - I think his heart was in the right place. I'll have you know he claimed the Ortiz Sterling I put up for someone else and I didn't send it to Kevin. He also claimed the Bench for a fellow collector, probably just to get the ball rolling again since it sat for several days and put something else up. Sadly, it's not what many wanted to see, but I believe his heart was in the right place.

I'm just happy to see that Alex reached out, said enough of this, and put something decent back up to hopefully move it in the right direction and clearly, with ground rules now in place, perhaps that will help and others should now feel free to say "that's not acceptable," and this is in line with what the OP wants.

Happy Holiday and Peace and Love to all of you!

Giancarlo Stanton

Oct 26, 2012
NJ
Two Points id like to bring up:
1. Am i sending the bench to the coupons guy? because both times he claimed something he put up a pile of crap.
2. Both times I claimed a card, i posted a card out of my own PC that I thought someone would want, as well as cards that i felt were equal value to the ones i claimed. Thats how i see this thing. if you claim a card, put up a card of equal (or slightly greater or lower) value that someone would want. not a XXXXing coupon to mcdonalds or a bunch of pictures of you with scrubs on the texans.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Here's a good rule of thumb. If a member claims a card, then that member should put something up of roughly equal or greater value that is desirable. If you cannot do that, then either refrain from claiming or dip into your PC and offer up something worthwhile. If you make money on the PIF thread and put up a card that you can easily part with, then you've cheated the FCB community.

A_Pharis

FWIW - as much as I'd love to claim some of these cards. They are for our community. And it has more value to me as something to better the community than it does as part of my collection. Bravo to the guys stepping up. Karma has a funny way of paying people back.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
If you think I need to gain "internet points" in this forum, then you're XXXXtin yourself. I posted it in HOPES others would get the point and follow suit. I'm happy to hear someone else sent the guy some stuff. That's great! My points are simple - I've been around this board far long enough to know there was once a community of people who really just cared about being friendly to each other (for the most part), as have you HPC (and others), and a good chunk of that went down the drain and some good people disappeared because of it. Here came a great idea from a good board member with good intentions and it's greeted with more of the same B.S.

I just wish people here could focus more on helping each other with their collections, rather than slamming each other all the time. How can something so positive have gotten so negative? There were no expectations on others!

As for Kevin - I think his heart was in the right place. I'll have you know he claimed the Ortiz Sterling I put up for someone else and I didn't send it to Kevin. He also claimed the Bench for a fellow collector, probably just to get the ball rolling again since it sat for several days and put something else up. Sadly, it's not what many wanted to see, but I believe his heart was in the right place.

I'm just happy to see that Alex reached out, said enough of this, and put something decent back up to hopefully move it in the right direction and clearly, with ground rules now in place, perhaps that will help and others should now feel free to say "that's not acceptable," and this is in line with what the OP wants.

Happy Holiday and Peace and Love to all of you!

I agree with Bill on the Bolded, I dont think the guy put up Mcdonalds Coupons to thumb his nose at the thread or turn the thread to XXXX. It looked more of an add on to the cards he posted above the coupons. I understand what the person who started the thread was doing but with this day in age, too many different personality's, to many people with different values and to many people without common sense, there needs to be rules even though there should'nt be. The Whole thing went wrong from the very first swap bottom line! With JB posting the "Couple of things to keep in mind" pointers the thread should move in the right direction with the right intentions. I look forward to see how it moves from here on out.

Last edited:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I may be getting a couple nice vintage cards tomorrow so if nobody claims my 2 cards i may switch it to the vintage cards if I get them.
i was going to use this card but it seems everyone is sticking with baseball
TSmith.jpg

Members online

Latest posts