Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you were a Major League player...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Would you collect your own cards?

I'd have to imagine I would. I'm not 100% sure how the deals are worked out with the card companies, but can you request your own cards from them personally?

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
Only a few rookies and that's it. Kinda odd to collect yourself.

I kind of agree with this. I saw some online segment on a player who collected cards (I can't remember who it was) and he had his own rookie superfractor. I thought that was pretty cool but it seems anything beyond that would be a bit narcissistic.

Also, it I think it would be weird have your own autograph

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I'd let family collect me but then I think I'd be overwhelmed - no time when I've got to play, practice, do promotional appearances and maybe have some 'fun.'

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've sold to family members of Jack Wilson, Warren Morris, Danny Klassen, and a few others. So that's kinda how it would prob be with me. I'd want some items then the rest , whatever

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I'm crazy, I would probably want everything and would attempt to mandate it in my contracts lol

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
If I were a player, I'd collect a few cards of myself each year, but not go crazy with all the parallels and extreme shortprinted cards.

The cards would be displayed along with special baseballs (first MLB hit, first MLB HR, milestone hits, autographs from friends and mentors and idols, etc), cleats, bats, gloves among jerseys I had worn for each team in my career.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'll buck the trend here as I don't think it would be creepy or weird at all.

I'd love to build topps and topps chrome rainbows of myself and have them matted for each year I was in the majors. I wouldn't go for auto's but GU stuff like ginter and clubhouse heritage stuff I would go for copies.

How cool would it be to chase your own Ginter wood card?

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Ill bet a ton of guys collect their own cards. Some are more vocal than others about it. Ive made several trades with Pat Neshek, even talked with him on the phone once about a trade we made for some hockey autographs.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I would collect just the Bowman or Topps Base cards from each year.
Maybe a few others if I thought they were cool.

As a player I would be more interested in obtaining other players autographs or jerseys/hats. I think it would be fun to collect and display them in my multi million dollar house.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
I've known a few older players that were always on the lookout for any weird/oddball item of themselves.

Latest posts