Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many of the test 1997 Atomic Uncut Finest Refractors Are Out There?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
My guess is 10 or less, based on what I've obtained. George stated 2-5. I know it's not as low as 2, but 5-10 is probably the range. The set that just ended (wish he listed it better) is a set that was in the deal I ended up with mine in. I didn't get the graded items, though I wish :)

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Awesome thanks for the quick reply!

Do you happen to have the Griffey Jr? If so is it for trade/sale?

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
I picked up 3/4 of the Ripkens tonight!
Sweet cards, haven't really seen before.. and the 97 finest atomic couldn't believe how cheap it went, at least IMO. Regular version goes for 10x that. Maybe these arnt as desirable?!?

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
I picked up 3/4 of the Ripkens tonight!
Sweet cards, haven't really seen before.. and the 97 finest atomic couldn't believe how cheap it went, at least IMO. Regular version goes for 10x that. Maybe these arnt as desirable?!?

Between the bad listing and little known of this unreleased uncut test people just didn't see or search for them.
I don't think they are undesirable but are just now starting to really surface. I believe and from what has been gathered here by fellow collectors they are much rarer than the diecut version. This is the uncut test of one of the rarest 90's insert out there.

Any confirmation that the colors on the uncut version are clearer/more vibrant? I heard that once the card was embossed some colors had a washed effect (barely noticeable but a minor difference) does anyone have one of each? Could we get a side by side high res to compare colors?

As a collector of the 1997 I need that uncut to complete the rainbow now because it exists - this hobby really doesn't have an end game haha

Last edited:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I have counted five sets.....could there be more sure? Prices were really low. Less than one year ago I lost a Brady Anderson at 125 and just bought one for $40. I know people butt heads but, due to scarcity, I know I still bid on ones that I already own.

These were impossible until the recent listing of two sets. Some of these I have never seen until this past week. Whoever graded these also hurt the preception of these cards. Here is a Gwynn that I personally had graded.

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Whoever graded these also hurt the preception of these cards.
Could you elaborate a bit? Is this because the slab says "error pattern" on the recent listings?
I suppose that if collectors know this set they would know these were the tests. I agree your slab makes it look much better non graded with "authentic" "embossed" instead of error gold. Either way awesomely mega ultra rare cards which hopefully went to their collectors home at that price. Anyone seen or know how many Griffey's are out there?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Trust me the way the cards were labeled on the set last night was not how they were asked / should have been labeled. If you see the thread about BGS not guaranteeing turn around times, these came from the batch I am discussing where the owner at the time got Fd by BGS on more then just the pricing.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Recently some ended on eBay and have been listed on other auction sites and this is the first time I've ever seen them, to me it seems they are a much lower print run and much rarer to come across than the die cut. Is there any info or speculation about these? I believe a user here may have the only other Jeter as it's been seen in the 90's insert thread.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/282326291332
http://s260.photobucket.com/user/be...rds/RCs Parallels Inserts/rarejeter3.jpg.html

I actually picked up that Jeter you posted years back, got to babysit it for a week and sent it out to Nelson

jeterrare.jpg

Members online