Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Wakefield Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6062.jpg
    IMG_6062.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 103

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
2013 Panini SuperStar Script rainbow with Schilling

the 1/1 is open, bottom row left to right is /10, /5 and /3.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Pretty psyched, made a trade tonight, I'll post the details when everything is shipped and received. Until then...

2010 National Chicle rainbow!

Base, refractor, blue, gold, red and superfractor!

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Great collection of an underrated player. [MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION] how many cards does Wakefield have, and how many are you missing?

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
Pretty psyched, made a trade tonight, I'll post the details when everything is shipped and received. Until then...

2010 National Chicle rainbow!

Base, refractor, blue, gold, red and superfractor!

I always thought that was an odd picture of him.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Great collection of an underrated player. [MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION] how many cards does Wakefield have, and how many are you missing?

Depending on what site your looking at he is listed anywhere from 750-800, that isn't including some of the variations on his stuff that is discussed on one of the threads here. I have 605 different cards and 606 is coming soon, that also doesn't include some of the variations. Out of the ones I am missing only 40 or so are not one of ones. I have 36 out of 41 certified autos.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
A triple shot of 2005 Ultimate Collection triples. I was never the biggest Schilling fan and Clement never really lived up to expectations but despite the crappy picture I took I love these cards.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
It isn't often I can make a trade to fill a need in my Wakefield collection with someone else who collects Wakefield or maybe even broader, collects Red Sox. The amount of items Wakefield has is disproportionately small compared to his time in the major leagues compared to most players so when someone has something of his they usually will not part with it. I don't collect duplicates, in my mind one of each card is difficult enough let alone more than one, but over the past year I started to gobble up some of his more difficult or cooler cards so I would have some trade ammo if I came across something I didn't have. Enter Shadowking86 back on post 13 of this thread, making a small comment that he had a patch card. That caught my eye and led to what felt like 1,000 PMs back and forth. It turns out I needed the one he didn't even identify by name, I knew I had to make a strong offer because Wakefield only has a dozen or so patch cards. It just so happens I had an extra patch card but I knew that probably wouldn't be enough of a motivator so I also "tossed in" a panini auto and a lower serial number card. My heart sunk when I got the message back "ill think about it. Heres the trio I offered:

Well of course I was delighted after a few days when he agreed to the deal. I received my end before I went to work Saturday:

Wake had 15 cards total in 2005 Ultimate Collection. I now have 14.

just missing the ultimate collection patch auto. Again, thanks to Shadowking86, a great deal for both of us.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
been a few days, heres my nearly completed 2008 spectrum rainbow. I'm missing the light gray patch /5 and the green patch /15. Also not pictured here is the dark gray 1/1 that is on the first page of the thread and I also have 2 of the 4 plates. If I can ever find the patch cards Ill get a pic of everything together.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Been a few months since I posted anything in the thread, been pretty focused adding to my Biggio collection, figured it was time to show Timmy some love...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Today was a big day in Wakefield land for me. Came home to an amazing gift from [MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION]! Any Tim Wakefield I can add these days is rare, even more of a rarity is one I don't grossly over pay for.

IMG_20170208_231344266.jpg

The 97 score reserve collection, Wakefield didn't get a lot of action in great 90s sets, this is one he's in and it's amazing. Thanks again Eric!!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Today was a big day in Wakefield land for me. Came home to an amazing gift from [MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION]! Any Tim Wakefield I can add these days is rare, even more of a rarity is one I don't grossly over pay for.

View attachment 67489

The 97 score reserve collection, Wakefield didn't get a lot of action in great 90s sets, this is one he's in and it's amazing. Thanks again Eric!!

Glad I could help out!

Members online

Latest posts