Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew *October 2018* POSTSEASON CONTEST EDITION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
. Like you I hate to wade into something that I don't fully understand, but that viewpoint is changing as I get older. I find there is real value in just going for it - to a degree. Not jumping into a shark tank with a cap gun, but taking a calculated risk that even if I don't fully grasp something, I'll adapt and figure it out. That approach serves me well, mostly. The alternative for me is waiting until I fully understand something - which is never - and therefore I never do it.

This is very true, I need to take this advice since I also never understand anything...ever. Maybe this week I will try to get a $100 sales goal or something and then if I fck up its only capped at $100 loss.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm gonna go with Khabib. I know dck about MMA but it's obvious to me that he's a beast, and is not afraid of McGregor at all. And most experts seem to be picking him. Good enough for me.

MMA is the biggest soft spot in sportsbetting right now. Khabib is only a -160 bet! That is just insane. You don't need to know Dick Pole about MMA to know that the guy who has never lost a round should be at least a -700. Connor had an inflated betting line vs Mayweather and Diaz too. Rousey vs Holm, Rousey vs Nunes, Till vs Woodley. . . . there have been so many stupid betting lines in MMA. I kind of wished I lived in Vegas, but alas . . .

i-dont-like-sand-its-course-and-rough-and-irritating-8966614.png

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Khabib wins... and the online breakdown said this:

"Khabib Nurmagomedov defeated Conor McGregor via submission (rear naked choke), round 4

Khabib continues to jabber at Conor, then jumps the cage and attacks Dillon Danis cageside! They get Khabib away, but one of his team goes after Conor in the cage. This is unbelievable. I don’t even have the words for this. "

wow!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm not into MMA like you guys but these Vegas guys are smart, they know to the average guy McGregor is the name and some people will simply be there on him because of name recognition. That means Vegas makes money on uninformed drunks on their bachelor weekend and the informed bettors( the minority) make money on a decent line.
Separate thought, I wonder how long it is that Dana white and UFC gets sued like the NFL and they change things up. It's a brutal competition, hars to imagine someone won't see over brain damage or CTE etc...

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm testing if these can show up here in full links

https://lichess.org/VnEQdAHvTWnp

This is a pretty funny win by me (black) who used a combined 21 seconds for my 16 moves!! :twisted:

ah cool, it worked. This was a mess around game where I tried to use instant pre-moves to get under 1 move per second. The moved where I could win the queen was one of those premoves. (hence not taking it which is obvious in a normal game)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm not into MMA like you guys but these Vegas guys are smart, they know to the average guy McGregor is the name and some people will simply be there on him because of name recognition. That means Vegas makes money on uninformed drunks on their bachelor weekend and the informed bettors( the minority) make money on a decent line.
Separate thought, I wonder how long it is that Dana white and UFC gets sued like the NFL and they change things up. It's a brutal competition, hars to imagine someone won't see over brain damage or CTE etc...

Yep, Vegas is setting some good lines to hook dummies.

The CTE lawsuits will come for sure. I bet UFCs lawyers main weapon they will use (that NFL doesn't have) is to blame fighters for cutting massive amount of weight (voluntarily) 24 hours before the fight. Losing that much water from your cells should effect ALL cells, including the brain and make blows to the head worse (in theory) The lawyers will try that and still probably lose.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

double post again, lag is making me double post.... but I will add this:

I think another reason the UFC betting is so soft compared to the other sports is a high % of the sport takes place right in the city of LV.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Lawsuits against a sport you sign up to play are horse****. I played football for 7 years across many low levels. How could I see someone for something I asked for?? If I sign up to fight a guy and he punches me in the head and I get a concussion how could i blame someone else??? Our legal system is so awful i hope the rest of the world is offended we are of a common species.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Lawsuits against a sport you sign up to play are horse****. I played football for 7 years across many low levels. How could I see someone for something I asked for?? If I sign up to fight a guy and he punches me in the head and I get a concussion how could i blame someone else??? Our legal system is so awful i hope the rest of the world is offended we are of a common species.

True. It would be funny if UFC had the balls to countersue the fighter for "not blocking" :lol:

Members online

Latest posts