Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free To Good Home - Low End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
ichiro.jpg
2011 Topps Super Sparkly something or another.

Fordman
[MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] I'd like to claim the ichiro if nobody else has already. thanks.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Now since I claimed one card and am trying for another, it's time to toss something up there myself.

I'll start out with a 1986 ProCards Las Vegas Stars Minor League set. Anything I offer will tend to be a little older, as I stopped buying anything new in the late 90s/early 2000s to focus on what I wanted specifically, rather than buying packs and boxes and hoping for the best.

The key card is a pre-rookie appearance by Benito Santiago, future AS catcher for the Padres. I know it's not his first card appearance, but may be his 2nd. That hitting streak he strung together as a rookie in 1987 was quite thrilling for me, as I was following the Padres closely that year and they had a few young standouts on an otherwise miserable team, including Santiago, John Kruk, Carmelo Martinez and Tony Gwynn. I think I may have box score cut from the newspaper for each hit somewhere!

Anyway, the set features a number of other former and future MLB players, the most recognizable one probably being Steve Kemp, former AS Tigers, White Sox, Yankees & Pirates player. He would have another brief stint with the rangers after this card set was issued, but then his career was over.

Take the set or a single if you won't need or want the entire set.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I know we have a lot of new people in here with claims and all that, so I just figured I'd remind everyone that if you are claiming something, it should be something you PC, not something to trade or flip or whatever. We have a great thing going here, let's keep it that way!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Couple more items:

1999 Pinheads Chipper Jones (package has yellowed)

1992 Topps Triple Headers box, ball, stand and ad sheet for Topps magazine with Rickey Henderson and very Tiny Cal Ripken Jr. on it (no candy) - Cleveland Indians (Sandy Alomar Jr., Alex Cole and Mark Lewis)

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
More...

1976 Isaly's/Sweet William MSA Discs

Steve Garvey
Steve Carlton
Joe Morgan
Brooks Robinson

I'd never checked before, but wanted to know a little more about what Isaly's was about. Looks like a Ohio, Pennsylvania, W. Virginia thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaly's

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
[MENTION=2196]Ashburn Alley[/MENTION]

My brother got the Peralta Gu today! He loved it, I think it made his week! thanks again!

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It only lasted 16 issues. Most, if not all, had several card panels inserted in them (usually 8 different "custom" or retro card designs) and the last 4 issues had jumbo rookie card reprints (5x7) too of Brett, Winfield, Eckersley and Ryan. I believe they even gave away auto'd versions of those to limited numbers. I loved the magazine and it was failing just as I tried to subscribe. Very colorful, with lots of good stories and information about Topps cards.

http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/Topps_Magazine

Don't recall Topps publishing a magazine back then.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
It only lasted 16 issues. Most, if not all, had several card panels inserted in them (usually 8 different "custom" or retro card designs) and the last 4 issues had jumbo rookie card reprints (5x7) too of Brett, Winfield, Eckersley and Ryan. I believe they even gave away auto'd versions of those to limited numbers. I loved the magazine and it was failing just as I tried to subscribe. Very colorful, with lots of good stories and information about Topps cards.

http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/Topps_Magazine

Probably some player collectors here that would be very interested in those panels.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Now since I claimed one card and am trying for another, it's time to toss something up there myself.

I'll start out with a 1986 ProCards Las Vegas Stars Minor League set. Anything I offer will tend to be a little older, as I stopped buying anything new in the late 90s/early 2000s to focus on what I wanted specifically, rather than buying packs and boxes and hoping for the best.

The key card is a pre-rookie appearance by Benito Santiago, future AS catcher for the Padres. I know it's not his first card appearance, but may be his 2nd. That hitting streak he strung together as a rookie in 1987 was quite thrilling for me, as I was following the Padres closely that year and they had a few young standouts on an otherwise miserable team, including Santiago, John Kruk, Carmelo Martinez and Tony Gwynn. I think I may have box score cut from the newspaper for each hit somewhere!

Anyway, the set features a number of other former and future MLB players, the most recognizable one probably being Steve Kemp, former AS Tigers, White Sox, Yankees & Pirates player. He would have another brief stint with the rangers after this card set was issued, but then his career was over.

Take the set or a single if you won't need or want the entire set.

Im not claiming this but if anyone is a Benito Santiago fan he is signing at the White Plains show on the 22nd.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I know we have a lot of new people in here with claims and all that, so I just figured I'd remind everyone that if you are claiming something, it should be something you PC, not something to trade or flip or whatever. We have a great thing going here, let's keep it that way!

Yep. It's free stuff that's being offered but the thread shouldn't be abused. Also, it not required but encouraged that you post something for another member to claim. Keeps the thread fresh if multiple people are offering instead of the same members.

Members online