Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

USPS may have screwed me out of a card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I won a stellar PC card last week, and tracking showed it was delivered Monday 2/24

Only problem is that it wasn't delivered to MY HOUSE!!

I received a package from [MENTION=2394]tonsofcommons[/MENTION] the same day,
and tracking showed it was delivered at 2:26pm

The missing package shows it was delivered at 1:33pm, so it
ended up somewhere else in my subdivision.

I'm calling the postmaster tomorrow, but from what I've read,
unless my carrier remembers where he/she delivered it, and that
person admits to having it, I'm S...O...L

I'm sure others have had this happen numerous times, but I am just really bummed right now.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Sorry to hear that. I once opened up a bubble envelope assuming it was a Sosa autograph I had been waiting on, only to see a Alan Trammell 1/1 Auto!

I found the correct person's phone number and had them stop by and pick it up.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Thanks Adam.

[MENTION=9434]SteelBrad[/MENTION] - that's what I've done before as well, but its been two days.

My mail carrier only delivers to my subdivision, so it's within less than a mile of my house,
but its been enough time for whoever got it to drop it in my mailbox or leave a note :(

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I live in a large condo place had a similar experience. My post guy didnt remember where he deliverd my card and i thought i was sol. About 3 days later it was in my mail box. Hope yours shows up.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I live in a large condo place had a similar experience. My post guy didnt remember where he deliverd my card and i thought i was sol. About 3 days later it was in my mail box. Hope yours shows up.
Thanks bud.

I live in a subdivision of seemingly decent people, but for all I know it could be someone whos kid gets the mail after school every day. We'll see what the postmaster says tomorrow, and if the carrier remembers anything from Monday.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have all my collectible items sent to my work address. Luckily (or not, depending on your perspective) I have only had one package show as delivered via tracking that I never got. There were multiple packages i did get that day. It was a dozen or so $1-2 or less cards, nothing big, but it still sucks to buy and pay for something that you won't even get and you can't really do a thing about it, the seller isn't responsible and you lose as the buyer. I don't know if someone took it, it got mis-delivered or lost. It probably happens more than we hope it would though….

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I've have hundreds of cards delivered by USPS and fortunately only encountered this situation once. The tracking said delivered but I got no package. Went to the post office but they were no help. Luckily it was a $20 card and not a high end or 1/1.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I've have hundreds of cards delivered by USPS and fortunately only encountered this situation once. The tracking said delivered but I got no package. Went to the post office but they were no help. Luckily it was a $20 card and not a high end or 1/1.

Yeah it was only $20, but it had a tag piece in it and is basically irreplaceable.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
This exact same thing happened to me years ago.I had sent a bunch of cards to BGS.I always work during the day, so when Fed Ex left a notice on my door I marked the "leave package at my door" box.Only problem was cards were nowhere to be found.Fed Ex tracking said it was left on my porch.I asked neighboor at my apartment if he has seen a box on my porch, no such luck.I guess some scumbag got their hands on some nice Jeter rookies.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
This exact same thing happened to me years ago.I had sent a bunch of cards to BGS.I always work during the day, so when Fed Ex left a notice on my door I marked the "leave package at my door" box.Only problem was cards were nowhere to be found.Fed Ex tracking said it was left on my porch.I asked neighboor at my apartment if he has seen a box on my porch, no such luck.I guess some scumbag got their hands on some nice Jeter rookies.

This was put into someone else's mailbox likely several streets away by my mail carrier... lol

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
This was put into someone else's mailbox likely several streets away by my mail carrier... lol

Sorry to hear that.Hopefully, whomever had it returns it to you.Just last week someone left a package at my door that wasn't mine.Promptly left package to rightful owner's door.

For all I know a different Fed Ex courier could have left my package at someone else's porch.I could easily see a courier in a hurry leave a package at the wrong door at a large apartment complex.For a long time I wondered where the hell those cards went.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Well hopefully a happy resolution is under way.

Just talked to my postmaster, and according to him it shows in their system as being at the sort facility for my area.

So basically my carrier scanned it when he was at a neighbor's house and put it with their OUTgoing mail, and I should get it tomorrow.

He said he was going to have a talk with the carrier this afternoon and sincerely apologized for the screwup.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It may still turn up. I think mail carriers are under pressure to deliver DC'd packages in a certain time, even if they aren't actually delivered. Since I moved into a new subdivision last year where they have banks of mailboxes for all the houses in one spot, more than once I've had a card show through ebay tracking as delivered, only to have it actually show up in my mailbox the next day. Either that or she continually messes up which box it should go in, and that person puts it in the outgoing mail and she sorts it out. Or maybe the carrier just decided to "deliver" some stuff and went to the movies or something instead.

Members online