Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread For 2019 (Today - Rockies)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Thoughts on Carlson?

SCOUTING REPORT: Carlson has yet to post big numbers, but he’s been steady as one of the youngest players at every level he’s played. At age 19 in 2018, Carlson posted a .731 OPS in the Florida State League that was 40 points higher than the average. The switch-hitter has a better swing from the right side and is loopier from the left, but he manages the strike zone from both sides and shows bat speed, hand-eye coordination and hints of average power. Carlson is an above-average right fielder who flashes a plus arm, and he can handle center field in a pinch. He’s a smart, steady player who stays on an even keel.

THE FUTURE: Carlson’s on-base skills and growing power fit in an outfield corner, especially if he can refine his lefthanded swing. He’ll head to Double-A Springfield as a 20-year-old in 2019.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Today - Diamondbacks.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/teams/1001/arizona-diamondbacks/organizational/?year=2019

1. Chisholm
2. Duplantier
3. Varsho
4. Kelly
5. Perdomo
6. Robinson
7. Widener
8. Thomas
9. McCarthy
10. Alexander

[MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION] - thoughts? (I'm a bit surprised Pavin dropped off.)

More promising than last year's preseason top 10....although, it would be pretty difficult not to be.

But okay, I'm feeling a little *jazzed* about it. Last year's top 10 just gave me the blues.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Today - Giants.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/teams/1018/san-francisco-giants/organizational/?year=2019

1. Bart
2. Luciano
3. Ramos
4. Anderson
5. Hjelle
6. Webb
7. Santos
8. Canario
9. Toribio
10. Wong

Good Lord...this system is weak. Look at how many players regressed from last year's lists (Fabian, Adnon, Gonzalez, Quinn, Corry). Juan DePaula isn't on this list. Maybe BA goes by a different set of rules for prospect status, but several omissions were noted (Shaw, Beede, Garcia, Avelino). Outside of the top four, this system is grasping at straws quickly. Bumgarner definitely needs a new home so that an influx of talent comes aboard.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
FYI, I'll have my personal top 100 prospects list done sometime this weekend, as I'll be stranded at home during the storm. (expecting 7"-9")

Members online

Latest posts