Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Muskiesfan had a heart attack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Glad you are back home and things are back to normal. Here's you healthy living and many, many years of good health for you to enjoy your family and the good things in life.

PS: Look at the page views on this thread. You've made a lot of friends!

Last edited:

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Glad you are back home and things are back to normal. Here's you healthy living and many, many years of good health for you to enjoy your family and the good things in life.

PS: Look at the page views on this thread. You've made a lot of friends!

That can't be right, can it?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
That can't be right, can it?

I have no clue if the number listed is right, but I know I've checked in for updates many more times than I'd usually check a thread and I imagine others who were concerned did the same...

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I know that we don't know each other, but glad to hear that you are doing well and there is a happy ending to this story. Us Indy collectors have to stick around!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Wow, I do not frequent this place as much as I once did so just found and read all this thread. Joe, I remember your kind MT Secret Santa from 3-4 years ago. You were always fun to banter with. I wish you well and hope you can get your health in good order. I am glad you will have a watchful eye with the doctors and Crystal. Thinking of you.......Scott/MM

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I really appreciate it, folks. It means a lot that so many would be checking, posting, praying, thinking, and so on.

I will be keeping this updated for a little while. Probably until after my stent in June.

I see my primary doctor on Friday. It's a check up to see how I am doing and to see if the meds are working. So hopefully all of that goes well.

Tonight will be my first day back at work since the heart attack. I'm probably going to be exhausted when I get home. :lol:

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I really appreciate it, folks. It means a lot that so many would be checking, posting, praying, thinking, and so on.

I will be keeping this updated for a little while. Probably until after my stent in June.

I see my primary doctor on Friday. It's a check up to see how I am doing and to see if the meds are working. So hopefully all of that goes well.

Tonight will be my first day back at work since the heart attack. I'm probably going to be exhausted when I get home. :lol:

Don't over do it Joe, go at your own pace.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Heart attack is really a dangerous one disease it can take your life anytime, it's the basic reason why I was living in an aged home because i need a proper diet and some medical facilities. The aged home is totally different from others the staff is really cooperative and we have lots of fun here.
Bizarre first post, welcome to the site.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I apologize for not updating as quickly as I said I would, but here is the latest news.

I went back to work last Wednesday night. I was not there long and felt feint and light headed. I ended up falling down and my manager sent me home. Their idea of light duty did not seem to follow my cardiologist's idea of light duty. He was pissed (more on that in a minute).

Had a follow up with my primary physician last Friday. Everything is going well. Heart meds are doing their job. The diet is as well, I've dropped a few more pounds which is a plus. Set up a sleep study for tomorrow night. I've known I have apnea, but never did anything about it. Will probably end up having to us a CPap, but whatever it takes.

Saw my cardiologist yesterday. He was not happy with how things went at work. He was even more pissed about the fact that I had went back to work. Explained to him that one of the residents in the hospital said I needed to return asap. Cardiologist explained that after a stent, 1-2 weeks is fine. A major heart attack with stent is more like 8 weeks or so. He signed he paperwork for me to go on short term disability, so I will be out of work until mid-July at the earliest.

I begin cardiac rehab next week. I'll go 3 times a week for an hour a piece. Next week is MWF 8am, and then it will be MWF 10am for the next 7-8 weeks. If I do well, I could graduate rehab sooner, but 8 weeks tends to be pretty standard.

My second stent has been moved to June 27th. There was a mix up on what week my cardiologist would be out of town. He's gone the week of the 20th, so we had to move it to the 27th.

I think that's it for now. Thank you again for everything guys, it really means a lot.

Members online

Latest posts