Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Gary, please post when the box arrives! It would be nice to know you got a D/C # too, but that may be asking too much. Chris apparently only has enough time to post dribble on Facebook and Twitter and not enough time to post a response with a shipping confirmation. I just can't believe we've consumed an entire month for two people!

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Your doing a great job Bill, sucks we've had a few bumps in the road, but this is still an awesome thing we have here.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Gary, please post when the box arrives! It would be nice to know you got a D/C # too, but that may be asking too much. Chris apparently only has enough time to post dribble on Facebook and Twitter and not enough time to post a response with a shipping confirmation. I just can't believe we've consumed an entire month for two people!

I know I'm a gullible fool, but I'm hoping the box will be waiting for me when I get home from work this afternoon. I'll post immediately!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I know I'm a gullible fool, but I'm hoping the box will be waiting for me when I get home from work this afternoon. I'll post immediately!

I remember you saying something about how you were happy to be after him early on :lol:

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I couldn't make this up if I tried:

Chris sent me the wrong box!!!

I just got home from work, and there's a box with Chris' return address. My first reaction was that it was smaller and lighter than I expected. Then I opened it, and it's full of Beckett graded basketball cards.

It's obviously not the correct box.
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION], please tell me what the hell I'm supposed to do here.

Also, please tell me you didn't send the XXXXing box to someone else.

I'm totally XXXXing pissed right now.

Please XXXXing fix this.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I think you got [MENTION=2258]longbomberz[/MENTION] cards from the group sub

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I couldn't make this up if I tried:

Chris sent me the wrong box!!!

I just got home from work, and there's a box with Chris' return address. My first reaction was that it was smaller and lighter than I expected. Then I opened it, and it's full of Beckett graded basketball cards.

It's obviously not the correct box.
@cgilmo, please tell me what the hell I'm supposed to do here.

Also, please tell me you didn't send the XXXXing box to someone else.

I'm totally XXXXing pissed right now.

Please XXXXing fix this.

Ok, lets take a deep breath.

Mistakes happen and this seems like one.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Ok, lets take a deep breath.

Mistakes happen and this seems like one.

The mistake happened when I allowed him into this group against my better judgement.

Brothas, please join me in a toast to another 30 days worth of time to resolve this!

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1380317018.096503.jpg

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The mistake happened when I allowed him into this group against my better judgement.

Brothas, please join me in a toast to another 30 days worth of time to resolve this!

View attachment 23593

I understand you're all frustrated but if we can determine who got he box, hopefully we can get those two parties to fix it.

Can we list the cards that were in the box received?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
[MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] please please please tell me this counts towards you going to punch [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] in the sack. I'm in dire need of a vacation and this is just what my sanity health care provider ordered!!!

How how how in the world can this XXXX happen again?
And LOL at philly telling Gary to take a deep breath. :lol:
I agree with 200lb, this ship is sunk.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
@A_Pharis please please please tell me this counts towards you going to punch @cgilmo in the sack. I'm in dire need of a vacation and this is just what my sanity health care provider ordered!!!

You can LOL all you'd like and i think you all LOL'ed when i got the cards back from the last one. You were all busy talking to the fake guy while i had the right guy.

If its just a mistake of who got what, lets try to figure that out and then everyone can take what lessons they've learned.

A_Pharis

@A_Pharis please please please tell me this counts towards you going to punch @cgilmo in the sack. I'm in dire need of a vacation and this is just what my sanity health care provider ordered!!!

This ship is not sunk, and - frankly - I'm getting tired of seeing people piss and moan and say that yet come here EVERY DAY to do it.
Chris made a mistake, and he's already addressing it. His life has a lot more going on than this forum. Sure - he shouldn't have participated, but he couldn't have anticipated this kind of issue.

The reason he's so busy? Because he dropped a REAL JOB to open a store where he makes very little off of sports cards, and what little he does make gets pumped back into paying hosting fees. The guy is busy, because he's trying to host things himself.

It's not like it's not going to get fixed. It'll get fixed... just don't hang the forum's fate on Chris' shoulder. There's no satisfaction in him messing up - so, trust me, it makes him feel like a schmuck. That's why he's staying pretty hidden during this, because he's wanting to do what he can to get things in order for everyone else.

Give the doom and dismay a rest.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Gate isn't frustrated that he won't get the cards, he's frustrated cause it's a joke that what should have been a week tops going from rich to Chris to Gary is now at almost 6 weeks!! So yes Philly, I'm lol'ing at you suggesting Gary take a deep breath. Chris' excuse for this XXXX up ought to be epic. I'm calling dibs on no apology and XXXX happens comment.

A_Pharis

Gate isn't frustrated that he won't get the cards, he's frustrated cause it's a joke that what should have been a week tops going from rich to Chris to Gary is now at almost 6 weeks!! So yes Philly, I'm lol'ing at you suggesting Gary take a deep breath. Chris' excuse for this XXXX up ought to be epic. I'm calling dibs on no apology and XXXX happens comment.

I think he'll apologize, but "stuff happens" really is the excuse. He didn't have a death in the family. His dog didn't eat them. Someone who is notoriously slow set forth to reverse that image and ended up not only reenforcing it but making it worse.
I've said it before - Chris is well aware that it has become so comical that you can't help but force a laugh to hide the frustration. He also knows how lame of an excuse it is to "be busy," but that's what it is. I know we have business owners here so I am not saying that people don't cope with being busy. Hell, I cope with being busy EVERY DAY doing what I do. I spend every second of wait time I have trying to wrangle stuff on these forums.

That said, if anyone deserves a break - it's Chris. Someone who knows they screwed up but continues to try. That, and the guy wants people to have a place to be.

All we can say is that he won't take part in the future.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I understand you're all frustrated but if we can determine who got he box, hopefully we can get those two parties to fix it.

Can we list the cards that were in the box received?

WE??? I think you need to reconsider your choice of pronouns.

Here's what I know: I will be the one who has to go to the post office on MY own time because I was sent the wrong XXXXing box.

I will be the one who pays to reship this XXXXing thing. I can't imagine anyone is going to repay ME for fixing this mistake that isn't MINE.

If there's something I don't know about that made YOU choose the word WE in this clusterXXXX a situation, please let ME know.

Of course I will do whatever it takes to make this right. I'm not a XXXXing *******. What I don't need is someone telling me to take a deep XXXXing breath. Was that honestly supposed to help? Obviously, that just made me more pissed off.

I'll list the cards I got as soon as Chris comes onto this thread and tells us all where the XXXX the box is, what is being done about it, and apologizes.

If Chris is working behind the scenes to make this right, shouldn't I have received a PM from him? That hasn't happened.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
wow this is unreal. I don't even know what to say.

and I think its going to be pretty hard to know exactly what was still in the box and added in the box. Just hope whoever got the box is a member on here and not someone he may have sold something to that isn't a member.......... this is crazy

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I love this thread it's the best ever, always something to give me a chuckle. Honestly I understand stuff happens and it sounds like Chris is a little swamped, We've all been there so I vote we cut him some slack. I'm sure this will get resolved I really don't think it's possible to get a box like this around the country without a few hiccups and if the last box made it I'm sure this one will too... eventually.

Members online