Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st Negative in over 12 Years on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Got a negative dropped on me last nite for the 1st time in over 12 years. Listed this auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yasiel-Puig-2015-Heritage-Action-Variation-Base-Lot-2-450-/121594530027, and clearly states in the item description that they're only bidding on the cards in the title, not everything in the scan. Winners sends a note yesterday asked where the other 4 cards are. I said sorry, but he was only bidding on the items in the title, and copies the item description into the form. Get a negative for "tem did not match picture. Description unclear and misleading." Contacting eBay to remove this BS feedback.

Buyer is h-b-haywood77, if you want to block him.h-b-haywood77

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
That stinks. That's why I avoid scanning multiple items in one picture to use over different auctions. Too many people who get mad because they didn't take the time to read the item description/title.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
cant' blame the buyer. Sucks to have sellers "you are only bidding on the card in the title" when there is a scan of 9 cards. Can't zoom in far enough to see the card of interest clearly enough to determine any obvious damage or centering issues or determine the sloppiness/neatness of an autograph.

If you have to post scans of your auction items that way, you may need to learn how to use your scanner. I know my current one (or a former one, can't remember) used to scan the whole scandeck of multiple cards and save each individual card image automatically to its own file.

if this is your only neg in the last 12 years, I wouldn't worry about it since they do fall off your record or quit being used in the feedback percentage computation in a year or two (... or used to).

Last edited:

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
That stinks. That's why I avoid scanning multiple items in one picture to use over different auctions. Too many people who get mad because they didn't take the time to read the item description/title.

I've only used a group scan about 10 times, and never again. eBay will not remove the feedback because it was the opinion of the buyer. I've seen hundreds of thousands of auctions since joining eBay in 1998 and each time, I'd read the entire auction description.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Dont fret over 1 negative feedback.

But in the future, dont do a batch scan unless you know how to crop the scans into individual pics or set your scanner up to save each one as an individual pic. Most scanner software does that now almost automatically, unless your scanner is from 1998?

Fordman

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I don't love when sellers do this to be honest, but I understand why on a lot of the lower end items this is done. So yeah from a buyers perspective this isn't ideal but at the end of the day the feedback should be removed; this does not warrant a neg and at the end of the day if the title says it's a lot for Puig cards and there's Kershaw and Gonzalez pictures in there you have to read the description and message the seller if you're confused. Being a lazy buyer is also bad practice.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I don't love when sellers do this to be honest, but I understand why on a lot of the lower end items this is done. So yeah from a buyers perspective this isn't ideal but at the end of the day the feedback should be removed; this does not warrant a neg and at the end of the day if the title says it's a lot for Puig cards and there's Kershaw and Gonzalez pictures in there you have to read the description and message the seller if you're confused. Being a lazy buyer is also bad practice.

Exactly,

What if that buyer bid on this?
would he expect all the cases too??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000-OLD-VINTAGE-BASEBALL-CARDS-LOT-IN-UN-OPENED-PACKS-/360452056920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ec9de758

s-l500.jpg

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
eBay won't remove the feedback because "it's the buyers opinion".....what a joke. Dude has a total of 24 feedbacks vs my 2430, and of course eBay sides with the buyer.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
eBay won't remove the feedback because "it's the buyers opinion".....what a joke. Dude has a total of 24 feedbacks vs my 2430, and of course eBay sides with the buyer.

I mean, to be honest, you didnt leave enough hints like the title and the description. You should have sent a blast email to every ebayer saying its only for the two cards and then called each individual who bid to make sure they understand it. a little follow up goes a long way.

:D

Its the buyers fault for not actually reading what they were bidding on. I've done it a few times and always just take my lumps.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

I agree, I mean there are some listings where the seller is arguably intentionally deceiving the buyer into thinking they are getting more and then somewhere in the fine print it says that oh by the way this auction is for a single one of the 9 cards in the picture. But I think in this auction it was clear enough, the buyers on eBay basically run the place there needs to be more accountability on the part of buyers.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I mean, to be honest, you didnt leave enough hints like the title and the description. You should have sent a blast email to every ebayer saying its only for the two cards and then called each individual who bid to make sure they understand it. a little follow up goes a long way.

:D

Its the buyers fault for not actually reading what they were bidding on. I've done it a few times and always just take my lumps.

Eh, do you actually think so? I was torn at first, but I think he left more than enough hints:
-Title says (2) which to me meant I was getting 2 cards from this transaction
-Listing explicitly calls out Yasiel Puig and does not mention other players in title or description
-Very first line of the description: You are only bidding on the cards in the title, not all that are in the scan.

I just wish that wreckless buyers would be held accountable by eBay, at least every now and then. Yes, technically this falls under buyers opinion and the buyer feels the seller was being deceitful so technically they're protected so I guess eBay was right under their policy not to remove the feedback, but I hate when sellers get shafted for buyer stupidity.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Then I thing your listing was fine.

But on ebay you have to assume you are dealing with a 4 year old. And a four year old would not have understood what they were buying in your listing.

Yep, lesson learned for $3.99. I guess I'll bid on the auction casebuster listed above and then ask why I didn't get the warehouse full of cards like the picture shows.

Members online

Latest posts