Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone up for an edition of the "Traveling Box"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Seems like its been a very long time since one of these have been done. Bascially, we load up a flat rate box full of autos, jerseys, inserts, misc cool items that might fit someone else's collection better than it fits in yours and it travels from person to person with the hopes that everyone who takes leaves as much or more inside when sending to the next person. Participating members would need some type of moderator approval and I'm sure we would need a larger list of specific guidelines etc. Anyone up for exploring this?

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I want to see this happen only because I love the drama.

Anyone remember these from the old Beckett boards? These always start out with the best of intentions, turn into a train wreck and make for great reading.

In all seriousness though, best of luck with this. For the sake of the boards, I really hope it runs smoothly

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008

Anyone remember these from the old Beckett boards? These always start out with the best of intentions, turn into a train wreck and make for great reading.

In all seriousness though, best of luck with this. For the sake of the boards, I really hope it runs smoothly

The old Beckett boards and FCB aren't the same. There won't be any drama with this group bc only members we know and have shown to be trustworthy will be allowed to participate. We've done this a few other times and have ha d no issues. Sorry to disappoint.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WaxPax

I was in on 2 of them back then, luckily I was an early shipper on both and avoided the issues....

EricTownsend88

Jun 13, 2014
If this is going to be a thing I'd love to get in on this. I spent my spare time this summer going through my collection and pulling out hundreds of cards in top loaders w/the intentions of selling. Game Used/Autos/90's inserts & RC's. I was going to start listing on eBay soon but this seems like such a superior and fun idea. If we get this going please let me know I'd love to be a part of it!

Dec 4, 2008
I am in

So how does it typically start off? Should one person step up with the initial box seeding? If no one else is up for it I could probably make it happen. I have some inventory that hasn't been selling and some really nice, rarer duplicates that could make for a good start...say the word and I can put in a couple hours this weekend to start pulling stuff!

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
So how does it typically start off? Should one person step up with the initial box seeding? If no one else is up for it I could probably make it happen. I have some inventory that hasn't been selling and some really nice, rarer duplicates that could make for a good start...say the word and I can put in a couple hours this weekend to start pulling stuff!

I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) but the facilitator packages a box with a bunch of cards and sends to next person in line who then takes what fits the PC and replenish what was taken and continue the cycle until the box returns to the facilitator.

Is this accurate anyone?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Whats the typical value in the box? I'd be down to do it but I don't have a lot of higher end cards

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
One person could start or multiple people could help send enough to start a box. Take what you want for your collection and try to replace with as much or more. This isn't meaant for high end but I'm sure there will be niee stuff in there. I just want top maake sure we've got vouchers for guysc
That aren't long ti mee members and or a procedure for how long you have to make your swap and get it moving along, especiallky with the holidays approaching.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts