Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Topps Design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm always amazed Topps doesn't take the opportunity during the lovefest to card collecting, the National (and at least in their forum during the Natty), to announce the following year's flagship design.

First thought was the design looks 1982'ish, but I like the bar is long enough that it doesn't look hockey-stick-like similar to 1982. I hate that it's not full-bleed photos, but I think they had to bring some semblance of a border back in order to support colored parallels better.

aside, I wonder when mocking up if "Grudzielanek" or "Stuckenschneider" or "VanLandingham" is the last name used when designing the font and last name space in a mockup. ;)

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, TOPPS, PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND GIVE US OUR BORDERS BACK!

It's not really a border. It's half of a quasi-border.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I don't like the surname above the first name, and the design is boring.
I miss when Topps used to take risks and make their designs and borders bold and interesting.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I like it insomuch as it looks different from the last two years. I have trouble discerning 2017 and 2018, which I dislike. Look across the 70s and 80s, and each of the years' designs are so different and unique. Topps has lost that somewhere.

aside, I wonder when mocking up if "Grudzielanek" or "Stuckenschneider" or "VanLandingham" is the last name used when designing the font and last name space in a mockup. ;)

When I worked there, the mockups were always of a dude named "Player MacLongname"

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I like it better than the last 3 years. Apparently the 1982-like line will be in the team colors, and the part between that line and the card edge will be the parallel color. I'd like to see some parallel mock-ups, but they have to be better than 2018's exploding clamshell background.

Members online

Latest posts