Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
RzepTTM13_zpsb2425d99.jpg

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Holy Crud!
Did you Yadi collectors see how much those two RC's went for last night?

2004 Leaf Limited Yadier Molina Autograph Rc card # 1 / 99 Rookie
Winning bid:
US $153.53
[ 16 bids ]

2004 Ultimate Collection Yadier Molina Autograph Rc rookie # 6 / 15 AUTO
Winning bid:
US $363.78
[ 24 bids ]

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Holy Crud!

Winning bid:
US $153.53
[ 16 bids ]

Winning bid:
US $363.78
[ 24 bids ]

Yeah, a little crazy...I still need that Ultimate Gold...but could not stand to go that high on it. Had a snipe set, that I thought was plenty high....this blew it away though. I did take a look at what I paid for my phenom auto back a few years.......$16 shipped

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
Holy Crud!

Winning bid:
US $153.53
[ 16 bids ]

Winning bid:
US $363.78
[ 24 bids ]

I really wanted that 2004 Ultimate Gold and went very high with unfortunately only the 2nd highest bid. I said to myself if someone wanted it more they were going to pay, LOL!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
If you grew up in MO Ames should have a good vibe for you if you end up there. Like I said, not a bad place, just not my cup of tea.

I did see both, I think I'll still to a base auto for now, would have to sell A LOT to get either one haha. I'll take a high grade Musial rookie any day over those. If he doesn't pan out, thats a brutal lose at those prices!

I was watching Weather Channel the other day, and Des Moines was supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow.In southern MO it is very rare to get snow that late in the year.How much did you get?Is it common in March?

I'm thankful Rasmus' signed rookie Superfractor never showed up years ago, I probably would have way overspent on that card.That Miller Superfractor has sold a couple times before, last time it ended for the same amount.

Did you see this?rookieaddict said the signed version was pulled on Blowout, but I've never seen it listed.Wonder what it would go for?

2012 Bowman Oscar Taveras Superfractor BGS Graded 9 5 Gem Mint True RC 'D 1 1 | eBay

2012 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor Superfractor Rookie RC Oscar Taveras 1 1 | eBay

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I was watching Weather Channel the other day, and Des Moines was supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow.In southern MO it is very rare to get snow that late in the year.How much did you get?Is it common in March?

I'm thankful Rasmus' signed rookie Superfractor never showed up years ago, I probably would have way overspent on that card.That Miller Superfractor has sold a couple times before, last time it ended for the same amount.

Did you see this?rookieaddict said the signed version was pulled on Blowout, but I've never seen it listed.Wonder what it would go for?

2012 Bowman Oscar Taveras Superfractor BGS Graded 9 5 Gem Mint True RC 'D 1 1 | eBay

2012 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor Superfractor Rookie RC Oscar Taveras 1 1 | eBay

There's typically one last big snow in March at some point. But it usually doesn't stick around too long. Des Moines tends to get hit harder than we do in Iowa City. The weather people usually overestimate when a storm is coming through. It's usually half what they say, though two years ago they predicted big and we got pounded!!! But again, I love snow, so it doesn't bother me :)

Each year it's different. Last year we had literally one decent snow. This year there have been 4-5.

I would guess a Taveras Superfractor auto would hit $8-10K. If it was graded 9.5 10K+ easy. I can't fathom spending that kind of money on a guy who has never played in the majors. Pujols really changed the way people look at rookie cards...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
There's typically one last big snow in March at some point. But it usually doesn't stick around too long. Des Moines tends to get hit harder than we do in Iowa City. The weather people usually overestimate when a storm is coming through. It's usually half what they say, though two years ago they predicted big and we got pounded!!! But again, I love snow, so it doesn't bother me :)

Each year it's different. Last year we had literally one decent snow. This year there have been 4-5.

I would guess a Taveras Superfractor auto would hit $8-10K. If it was graded 9.5 10K+ easy. I can't fathom spending that kind of money on a guy who has never played in the majors. Pujols really changed the way people look at rookie cards...

Last year was a mild winter for everyone.Here, we only got a couple inches, which is unheard of.We got a few flurries here on Sunday, but that was it.

It's silly to spend that much on someone who was never played in the majors, but that's the prospecting world of the hobby now.I couldn't forgive myself spending that on him, and then he flops the way Rasmus did.

Members online