Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

For the first time since 1980......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The hobby will have one licensed manufacturer per sport.

Baseball is topps
Football will be panini (next fb season)
Basketball is panini
Hockey is upper deck.

Sure, just like 36 years ago, there will be other cards available but sans logos for the most part.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Ugh, I still don't understand why the sports want so many unlicensed cards without logos in the hobby. It really cheapens the hobby and looks bad on the sports.

If it's because of big money from exclusive licensing deals, why not just charge a little less to two or three companies, so the combined licensing fees will be more than one exclusive fee.

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Ugh, I still don't understand why the sports want so many unlicensed cards without logos in the hobby. It really cheapens the hobby and looks bad on the sports.

If it's because of big money from exclusive licensing deals, why not just charge a little less to two or three companies, so the combined licensing fees will be more than one exclusive fee.

This.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Exactly!

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
I'm just glad my main two sports I collect and break are Hockey and Baseball. I can live with UD and Topps, but would hate to have Panini as my only licensed option.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Panini's football and basketball products have really stunk the last coupla years. Not much variety in style, design or price...

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.

Great point. I won't do cards with no logo's unless it's Jim Thome, and there won't be many of those.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Panini's football and basketball products have really stunk the last coupla years. Not much variety in style, design or price...

Not sure I agree. It's certainly nicer than the same stuff every year by topps. Immaculate is off the chain for both basketball and football!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That's one set, and high end at that.

Pinnacle would have been great with logos. Prizm does pretty well. I dig Donruss as well. Panini does less of the baseball stuff IMO because they don't have a license. If they did, they'd be pretty good I think. I'd say topps' high end stuff is easily on par with Panini but with the mid to lower end products, topps isn't really killing it. I'd say it's easily even.

I guess I'm kind of coming at this with a biased view as I have gotten burned out on baseball. It's very overpriced when compared to collecting basketball and football cards. And I find myself buying more panini stuff (FB/BK wax and singles). And I'm buying based on looks. Being picky. They have a lot of on card autos and gu that actually says "gu'd". Nice looking patches. I notice I'm getting nice looking stuff from Panini and if I buy it on the secondary market, it's usually cheaper than the topps counterpart. Even their sp variations (if you're a set builder) are doable whereas topps thinks it's a great idea to put out 100+ a set. And topps has way too many expensive releases. Way too many.

I think Panini should get a license. I'd love to see it. And I agree with what was said earlier, the MLB and MLBPA would probably be a little heavier in the pocket for it.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I hate the cards showing player a different jersey than team listed [ traded] . I will donate 99% to VFD etc .

Members online

Latest posts