Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * August 2018 * The Dog Days of Summer *

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I think the only guy in the NL with a higher WAR than Carp right now is Lorenzo Cain who is playing amazing on both sides of the ball. Nolan might have a huge run down the stretch and beat them all though.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I think the only guy in the NL with a higher WAR than Carp right now is Lorenzo Cain who is playing amazing on both sides of the ball. Nolan might have a huge run down the stretch and beat them all though.

Cain is at 4.1. Carpenter is tied with Arenado for the league lead at 4.8

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
And the RBIs right?

Honestly it should be either Carp or Arenado, unless you're one of those people who thinks Pitchers should be eligible too. In that case DeGrom is leading the entire NL in fWAR at 5.4 and Scherzer is second at 5.1.

62 for Carp, and 88 for Javy.

Carpenter had a miserable first month and a half or so though.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I wonder the minimum Bryce Harper would have to do to rob all them. :rolleyes: I mean the media wants to give it to him going into the contract offseason, they just need a little stats to do it. .... maybe half the WAR of the leaders?

We have seen Tejada beat A-rod, and Jeff K*nt beat about 10 guys, so anything can happen!! :lol:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My point for all of this is there are a ton of Cubs fans touting Javy for MVP while at the same time scoffing at the notion Matt Carpenter is either just as deserving or even more deserving, which he is.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The more that I think about it, how can Bryce Harper possibly lose?? :lol: The number 1 most underestimated factor in MVP voting is the stupidity of the voters.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
So what are the freaks up to tonight?

Baseball news...

Patrick Corbin shuts down the Phillies offense going 7.1 scoreless innings with 9 strikeouts, no walks and only 4 hits given up.

Braves are trying to take advantage and gain a game in the standings. They are beating the Nats 8-3 in the 7th. Acuna had been displaying all his tools tonight with a 2-run bomb straight to centerfield, robbing the Nats of a home run & another stolen base.

The Cardinals are beating the Fish 5-1 in the 8th with home runs from Carp & Molina

The Rangers keep clobbering....actually clobbering may not be harsh enough of a word...straight up murdering the M's as$es.

Odorizzi blows, dude can't go 5 innings anymore. Why haven't I dropped him yet? He's owned in like less than 20% of ESPN's leagues.

Chacin looks like he's bouncing back from his last (God awful) start....but the game ain't over yet.

Members online