Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
So, I realize that it's generally accepted that there are two copies of this card but the seller on COMC slashed their asking price in half and I got it 20% off of that so figured it was worth the pickup. Anyone else have one? Was an entire set backdoored together?

Bernie-Williams.jpg

1998 Score Rookie Traded - [Base] - Artist's Proof One of One #RTPP12 - Bernie Williams /1
I think there was either a set or large groups to a few people originally. I had the Clark, but was offered multiple others at once over the phone. It was soon after Scores release. I remember getting a phone call from some people who wanted some 96-97 EX2000 Basketball stuff I had when it was hot. I think they got my info from the old AOL boards. Long story short, they had a good amount of them (1/1s). It wasn't until later when I found out there were two that I figured they obtained them outside of packs.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
General question that is quite pertinent to this thread, I've found a number of cards on the web, but eBay in particular, that have BIN/OBO prices that are 5-10x high than book value, or even actual individual sales data I can find. As some of these cards are really hard to find I realize that BV isn't all that accurate, but where do you find that line of giving an offer that might have negotiating room on both sides but won't "insult" the seller so they won't deal with you?

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
General question that is quite pertinent to this thread, I've found a number of cards on the web, but eBay in particular, that have BIN/OBO prices that are 5-10x high than book value, or even actual individual sales data I can find. As some of these cards are really hard to find I realize that BV isn't all that accurate, but where do you find that line of giving an offer that might have negotiating room on both sides but won't "insult" the seller so they won't deal with you?

I always offer what I feel I'm willing to pay. If they say no...oh well.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I always offer what I feel I'm willing to pay. If they say no...oh well.

Me too. If my very best offer is pretty far below the asking price I will put in the most I'm willing to pay. I don't care if it's way off, especially if I know it's equal to or more than the going rate.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
You guys know that many people have seen two identical 1/1's of these cards for their players. I've seen two Grace's - the one I have and another? Some people think there was one set in retail, and one in hobby.

98SCORERT1OF1.jpg

Members online