Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h2oya311

Feb 14, 2013
The 'burbs of Phoenix
A site geared more towards vintage. I have every reason to believe it is original.

100% original. I sold that card to him (pre-autograph) in a BVG 4.5 holder (due to horrible top/bottom centering). Net54 is where I live for talking cards (and selling/trading). No one here wanted my extra Chong when I offered it to you guys first, so I was happy to make a deal on that site w/o having to deal with EBAY/PayPal fees.

Ken - good luck with your sales. Sorry I couldn't help as I'm currently (permanently??) out of the market for new Henderson stuff

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Don't know how I feel about the Auto on the Chong.. For me it's always been the Holy Grail card, and it never crossed my mind to want to have it or see it autographed. Is he selling this or is that for his personal collection?

h2oya311

Feb 14, 2013
The 'burbs of Phoenix
That's how I was looking at it, like having a 1/1 signed that wasn't distributed that way....

I agree with you guys completely. Unfortunately, that's his niche. He's a "Hof rookie autograph" collector. I thought I had it bad since I collect HOF rookies and Henderson cards...the Chong is pretty much the holy grail for me...that is, of course, unless the owner of the '76 CA North-South HS AS game postcard ever decided to part with that card. If the owner is out there and reading this, I'm your huckleberry!

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Hola compadres! I know I've been missing in action for a long time (over a year), but my now-3-year-old daughter absolutely consumes my time. I barely have time to do anything of my own anymore. Ahh, some of you guys know what I'm talking about. I just haven't had time to even peek in at the forum. But I just went back and caught up to page 225 (I still have a lot of catching up to do). I did notice all of those TNT & Probstein auctions (I'm pretty sure Larry keeps getting the cards I need). I was convinced that was either Larry or Ken's collection. it had some amazing stuff.

What is this I see Ken is trying to sell? If true, send me your lists buddy. I can send cash...and maybe even drive down to Brick to pick stuff up (although my wife would absolutely murder me).

Just for those keeping stats....I'm up to 4660 different items, 8500 total. I have 54 autographs and 1742 serial numbered cards (including thirty-one of them serial numbered 5 or less). I'm working on totaling up my "materials" cards. Anyway, Happy New Year and let me know if anyone has doubles to trade because...I do. Hopefully, I'll chime in a little more regularly in 2015.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Hey Scott, good to hear from you, kids are all consuming, but so worth every second. Impressive totals man, you have a killer stash. I didnt know whose collection was on Ebay, nobody here fessed up to it being theirs.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
So gentlemen, has this thread died, or do we all have too much going on in life? I know that between training new employees and new union duties, I have been busy. My New Year resoloution is to pretty much stay away from new cards and to focus on older issues. The prices people are asking for starting bids on Henderson cards is ridiculous and greedy, and the BIN prices just makes me laugh. I don't have any of the new Leaf cards, and probably will not get anything more than an actual base card from this year. I haven't bought any cards except for the 2015 base Henderson from Topps lately. There are some holes in my collection that are bugging me, (the OCD in me is screaming!!!) and if I am able to get them, I think that I would be able to sleep at night. Tried to get some of them from Ken, but sadly, I guess he is either keeping them or found someone else. This is me crying. Such a whiner, I know. Anyway, if anyone has new cards, would love to see a scan, or maybe some new and unusual items that they came upon. I could go on, but I don't wish to bore you anymore than I must. :D

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I am tired of the cold and snow here in the northeast. I just want to see some grass. I have sadly continued buying and have 143 different 2014 cards and 144 different 2013 cards, although they mostly all annoy me. If you have OCD, I am bipolar towards my Rickey card buying. I have been able to pick up some odd doubles. For example I have two 2014 Topps Tribute Red #81 (4/5) (3/5). I have two 2014 Topps High Tek Black & White Image #HT-RH (01/15) (05/15). I have two 2013 Topps Triple Threads Unity Gold #TTUJR-RH1 (3/9) (2/9). And I have three 2014 Leaf Q Autograph Gold #A-RH1 (14/25) (03/25) (06/25) (All-Time Stolen Base King, blue sharpie on card). I didn't intend to, I just got the doubles at really good prices.

I have stated that the last year of Rickeys I will buy is 2014 because it is ridiculous. But I've said that in the past too, so lets see if I can control myself. If anyone is interested in trading, I could provide a list of doubles that I have.

And I too am seeking 2013 and 2014 checklists if anyone has them. I could provide what I have and maybe figure out a few more that I don't have, but it isn't close to the full list.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Rickey2.JPGRickey.JPGHey guys, April fools is upon us. I picked this up recently, not sure of how rare or not it is... I know I did not have it. Hope you guys are all doing well, this thread is dead as a cemetery...

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
HARK! A RICKEY FORUM POST!!

View attachment 48335View attachment 48336Hey guys, April fools is upon us. I picked this up recently, not sure of how rare or not it is... I know I did not have it. Hope you guys are all doing well, this thread is dead as a cemetery...

This thread is dead unfortunately. That card is not the rarest of promos, but it is a little harder to find than the promo of his regular High 5 card (where he is running). They come by every now and then, and can usually be picked up for somewhere between $4 and $10.

Does anyone have a 2013 and 2014 Rickey list? My list only goes up to 2012. I'd like to see how many Rickeys I don't actually have :p

Here's my latest stats:

Unique Items
Total Items

Serial Numbers
1 of 19
5 or less33
10 or less109
15 or less124
20 or less171
25 or less414

Relic Cards
Bat147
Jersey343
Pants7
Hat4
Jacket8
Other1
Multiple345
Total855
Relics - Prime
Autographed Items

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I don't post my pickups too much but since the Rickey Thread has been kind of dead I thought I'd try and give it a bump. Here was my little project with Rickey over the last few months. It's not quite complete but I think it's as far as i'm going to take it. My 2014 TEK Rickey Henderson's:

HendersonTEK.jpgHendersonTEK2.jpg

The Stripes was the toughest as this was the only one I saw show up on ebay, but the Blue Dots and the Red Storm are my favorites.

Last edited:

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I don't post my pickups too much but since the Rickey Thread has been kind of dead I thought I'd try and give it a bump. Here was my little project with Rickey over the last few months. It's not quite complete but I think it's as far as i'm going to take it. My 2014 TEK Rickey Henderson's:

View attachment 48993View attachment 48994

Welcome to the thread.. I have 0 of the TEK cards, I have boycotted Topps for a long time now.. But I like the RH love !

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Thanks for checking them out. That's funny to hear about the Topps boycott as I'm currently boycotting all unopened topps product, but I'll still pick up singles of stuff I like. Yeah a few of these were a little pricey, but overall it wasn't too bad and I felt like if I didn't jump on a few of them now I might not be able to get them later. I've always loved the Tek sets but when they came out in the 90's I was in college and there was no way I could afford them so it was nice to experience collecting this new updated version of Tek.

Members online