Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What does your gf, wife or significant other think of the hobby or your PC? Do they know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
She absolutely loves random stacks of cards and boxes all over the house, especially the bedroom.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I am about 90% out of the sports card thing now. I have shifted nearly entirely to my book and Watergate collection. When I was collecting a ton, the hobby was something that was entirely a solitary pursuit. My wife wasn't against it, but it was of no interest to her. I began seriously selling off almost every thing but my Carew and Fregosi stuff, and I haven't bought anything Carew/Fregosi in over a year. Of the hundreds of cards I have sold, I honestly don't regret any of the sales. I have kept cards I received as gifts, and a few that have personal, nostalgic value to me, but that's it.

The thing that is great is that both my wife and I collect signed books and vintage paperbacks and it is a hobby that we share. Whenever we go out of town, the first thing we do is to find used book stores and library shops. I have gotten way more enjoyment from the books than the cards, personally. Like others have said, I don't have anyone in future generations that care about cards, so the idea of passing them on as a legacy didn't make sense for me. The books do make sense as they are directly related to my life as a whole and will be much more representative of who I was when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

jackson0114

Jan 20, 2012
My girlfriend supports my hobby 1000%. Whenever she is out, she always calls me and asks me if I want her to stop at the LCS, where they are on a first name basis. Shes always wheeling and dealing and snatching up great finds at garage sales and such. She doesnt collect herself, and knows little about it, but makes it alot more fun for me. I couldnt imagine being with someone who hated what I do for a hobby and didnt support my passion for football.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
My wife thinks all people that collect cards are nerds and never has seen a good-looking guy (except for myself) at a show or shop. BUT....she loves on-card autos and HATES sticker autos. She also likes to open packs so I think she is a closet card appreciater person. She also likes the fact that I do this rather than wasting my money at a bar and she is a bit jealous that we have two boys and has told me that I am lucky that they like cards and she doesn't have anyone to go to New York & Company & buy clothes and shop with. She will also pick up packs/boxes for me and knows what to buy because she listens when I tell her what I like.

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
When my wife was alive, she told me that it's better then going to a bar and drinking the $$$ away.

I used to bring boxes home for her to open as she had a golden touch..

She like the Bowman Chrome boxes because the cards were shiny, and was disappointed when all she got was a white cardboard redmption.. (even if it was for an Orange Refractor Auto that I sold for $750)

To date I have yet to pull a card that tops the card she pulled one night.. (some have heard the story, but here's the card!)

maris.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My girlfriend supports my hobby 1000%. Whenever she is out, she always calls me and asks me if I want her to stop at the LCS, where they are on a first name basis. Shes always wheeling and dealing and snatching up great finds at garage sales and such. She doesnt collect herself, and knows little about it, but makes it alot more fun for me. I couldnt imagine being with someone who hated what I do for a hobby and didnt support my passion for football.

Your girlfriend is banging the LCS owner.

Members online

Latest posts