Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***************** Saturday Morning Thread ****************

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
That's okay AA, I am trying to get a few autos before the season that are a bit costly...(Posey, Castro, Stanton etc). I will think about it but prob shouldn't buy it. Thank you though

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Dan - These are what I was talking about:

2005 Bowman Base auto:
T5.jpg

2005 Bowman Red Ink auto sp/25:
Felixredauto.jpg

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I could use a bit of advice on something guys. I tried setting up an Ethier website with all of my scans. Here is the issue, I am not satisfied with the organization of the cards. For example, I started out with all of the 1/1's in a section then moved up from there. I am thinking now, that is STUPID!! I will have a bunch of matching cards to the 1/1's or even partial rainbows all over the place in the site. He is my question:

Should I do the scans by Year > Manufacturer > Brand > Then group all of the same together?

Should I do the scans by Beckett Checklist Order?

Should I do the scans by Type > Autos on a page > Game Used Autos on a page > Game Used on a page > Then figure a way to break down other cards like Bowman chrome and such....

Here is the link:
https://sites.google.com/site/ethiersupercollection/

UUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!! I am glad I do not have thousands of cards yet. This would be even more of a nightmare.

Last edited:

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Mail day from [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION]

What I traded for

scan0001.jpg

What he threw in, which is amazing. He said it was trade bait, but I may PC one of em.

scan0004.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg

From a facebook group I'm in

scan0009.jpg

scan0008.jpg

One that Richard sent for my Mous PC. Red Ink /25

scan0010.jpg

Ebay purchase for Mous PC. Mosaic Die Cut /10

scan0005.jpg

Couple things I forgot to scan awhile back.

scan0011.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0006.jpg

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Good Morning, Hope everyone has a good day!

Wholly Smokes Guys, Awsome cards.

Tom and Kevin Sweet Johnsons! (Thats not what she said ;))

and now that we are showing off cards Ill post my end of the year mail. Not a huge amount but some nice hit. Some have been seen already.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Alex - I would do this (hope it makes sense):

Have a non auto/non GU page: sort by year with newest at the top > keep parallels together
Have a GU only page: sort by year with newest at the top > keep parallels together
Have an Auto including GU page: sort by year with newest at the top > keep parallels together
Have a completed "set" page: extra scans to have your full rainbows, variations, etc. together that have been completed sorted by year with newest at the top.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Nice pick ups Steve!!

Nice work Alex!!

Steve what is your PC? I see a lot of differential in those cards.

I PC Mike Moustakas and nice patches. Also like to pick up nice rookie autos. Sometimes I just trade for stuff because I have something the other person needs, and I'm not overly interested in it. Also seem to be adding some nice Eric Hosmer cards lately. Not purposely, just seem to acquire them. The one below is incoming from HPC. I have a plethora of interests, but trying to focus on Mous and patches. The Ali is sweet and will probably go in my patch PC, even though it isn't a patch. I also acquire prospect autos when they're cheap, so I can flip them to purchase PC items. Having a large family and only my income, I try to stay out of the paycheck.

2012-12-26_17-44-57_edit0.jpg

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Alex - I would do this (hope it makes sense):

Have a non auto/non GU page: sort by year with newest at the top > keep parallels together
Have a GU only page: sort by year with newest at the top > keep parallels together
Have an Auto including GU page: sort by year with newest at the top > keep parallels together
Have a completed "set" page: extra scans to have your full rainbows, variations, etc. together that have been completed sorted by year with newest at the top.

Makes perfect sense Alex. Thanks for the input.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I PC Mike Moustakas and nice patches. Also like to pick up nice rookie autos. Sometimes I just trade for stuff because I have something the other person needs, and I'm not overly interested in it. Also seem to be adding some nice Eric Hosmer cards lately. Not purposely, just seem to acquire them. The one below is incoming from HPC. I have a plethora of interests, but trying to focus on Mous and patches. The Ali is sweet and will probably go in my patch PC, even though it isn't a patch. I also acquire prospect autos when they're cheap, so I can flip them to purchase PC items. Having a large family and only my income, I try to stay out of the paycheck.

2012-12-26_17-44-57_edit0.jpg

Makes sense to me man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts